Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look whats sitting in my hallway having been delivered back this afternoon.. Its dark outside, gutted i cant get them on until tomorrow.
They've been banged into shape better by a really good wheel resto place and refurbed. Unfortunately they couldnt get them in shape enough to go on the lathe to diamond cut the rim, but instead we chose a silver coating that mimics the polished look. The centre parts are a smoky titanium colour that doesnt show too well.
Hope thats the last trace of vibrations gone at last. Its cost a fortune in total with two new back tyres too. They've been away a couple weeks at least and the Merc is sat resting on a ton of bricks.

Question: Which centre caps do you lot think look better, the wreath style or the plain three pointed star?

(And why is it that centre caps never seem to fit these wheels properly? All the ones i've had have protruded slightly unless i chamfer down the edges of the cap a lot and then they still stick out a bit but not so bad..)

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 300SE (Rear Ended & Junked) 1995 E420, Fully Loaded with Ortho Seats & Rear Sun Shade :)
503 Posts
The wreath looks better ....

Cheers

PS: Nice set ... what are the nos for the rims?

·
Registered
'82 500sec euro, '95 Ford F150
1,584 Posts
Still got those Loriser guys. Post 562 in the for sale section. Clearly seen better days, but they have potantial! Help me sell these, so I can buy firewood for the holidays;)

These could look as nice as ianluscombe's Let's negotiate.

·
Registered
W126 500 SEL 9/85 W124 E320T Brabus
2,075 Posts
Ian, i would take the chrome stars of and color the caps in titanium silver. It will look way much better!

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got them on, so heres some more pics. And my vibration issues, or rather the leftover ones, are completely gone now, yay. :)

Very happy with the look, love it. Thanks for assistance deciding what colour. (I couldnt decide for months...!)
Would have loved black centres but unfortunately in the UK that is what every chav has on their tiny souped up hatchbacks and i couldnt deal with the similarity! Also would have lost some of the effect of the spoke sections.

Hiten, they are 16x7 front and 16x8 rear if i remember correctly. et22 front and et11 rear

Roland, yup titanium caps with the star would look great, they sell them in titanium dont they? This type of cap seems to protrude a lot on these wheels though. The wreath style not so bad but still need trimming which i find odd.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
ianluscombe, absolutely gorgeous! The LO are just so suited for the W126..congrats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts