Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my Lorinser RS90 wheels and Tires

I bought these rims directly from Germany with plans to mount to my W126 Coupe. Unfortunately the offset difference is way to high even with Spacers so i have to sell them. The specifics to the wheels are listed below but the offset is ET32. These will likely fit W124/W202/W210/190E/W129 ETC but not a Gen 2 W126, Possibly a Gen 1 along with other Mercedes models, Please do your research

ET32
8Jx16H2
Bolt Pattern 5X112

These wheels have very limited curb rash only on one wheel as pictured. They are very close to mint for the age, Straight and true without issue to my knowledge. They are all the same size but two are mounted with Goodyear Assurance 225 55 16 tires that have plenty of meat left and the other two have Hankook Ventus RS2 225/50/ZR16 tires used but decent thread left. All will have the same center caps as pictured on one of the wheels included.

I am looking to recoup as much of my outlay as possible, $750 but i will listen to reasonable offers.

Would prefer a local sale, Will consider shipping to lower 48, Buyer must pay all fee's and have some idea of any upfront costs.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
21,836 Posts
I realize this isn’t necessarily the right place to add a discussion, but the lip on these look larger than the 8x16 et32 rs90 wheels I have on my 1982 500sec. I believe I discussed with another member that may have had issues with them interfering with brake calipers (or center caps?) or something on his w126. Maybe it was the center caps. I’m not sure. That doesn’t make sense because there shouldn’t be any reason for any interference. I believe I offered to swap 2 of my smaller lip ones with his larger lip ones. It didn’t happen. I have 20mm spacers on the rear of my 500sec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Fonzi

It was Brake Caliper interference. I was comfortable with a 10mm space up front up even that was still slightly rubbing, For me going to 15mm wasn't an option because of the curvature of the hub, I could have went the DRA route but decided not to.

I read somewhere that my Calipers are Bendix and are larger in size to the 1st Gen W126 calipers that are a different manufacturer. I can not confirm this but assume it was likely playing a part.

The deep lip on my Lorinsers are partly the reason i bought them. Its unfortunate that they will not work with my car without large spacers. Yes i wasn't interested in a direct swap with yours, For me now its either some Penta's or staying with the 15 pot that came out of the factory.

Anyone who would like more pictures or details feel free to PM

Thanks

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have these in my garage. Special Price $600. No Offers, Willing to ship at buyer expense but can help facilitate if needed. Located in Seattle WA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts