Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<br> does anybody have a pic of this on their car or someone elses? not the one that lorinser puts out because i can't really tell what it looks like from straight behind. is it a small lip? or a spoiler, where the is gap between the trunk and the spoiler? thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The rear deck spoiler is a small lip, a deck wing is a normal spoiler

I have the deck lid spoiler on my CLK, and I love it. I saw it in person on a C class a yr ago, and had been looking for one for my car for months since then. Unfortunately, I don't have any non-Lorinser pics of it. We are having a Lorinser sale this month, so if you do decide on it, let me know.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: The rear deck spoiler is a small lip, a deck wing is a normal spoiler

MACH3430 i am interested in the lorinser spoiler for my c class. how much of a sale is it.<br> <br> joe

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have both the Lorinser rear deck spoiler for my trunk and the Lorinser rear window wing on my 2001 C320. It dosen't have any space between the spoiler and the actual trunk, it is very subtle and flows perfectly with the cars natural lines. I plan to take a photo of my car and post it this week (after I wash it).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
E46 lip spoiler instead?

here's an alternative that many A4 owners are doing. A4 owners are buying the BMW E46 M3 lip spoiler. $80 from any BMW parts dept.<br> <br> Compare that to a $425 Lorinser spoiler. I haven't seen one yet on a W203, but I'm curious if anyone would considering doing this....<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to seem rude, but... An E46 is not exactly the same thing as a w203.

The Lorinser spoiler is designed to fit the trunk...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No offense taken, but let me rephrase your comment. A W203 is not even half of an E46. :)

I just wanted to highlight that there are some alternatives out there that others are doing. <br> <br> I don't see myself spending $425 on a piece of plastic that sticks on with tape, and provides only a subtle difference in looks. <br> <br> If you can get by with something that's less than 1/4 the price and are satisfied with the results, then that's being smart, not cheap....<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: No offense taken, but let me rephrase your comment. A W203 is not even half of an E46. :)

<br> <br> you got a pic of that lip spoiler on the bmw. i would like to see it. just to compare the differences.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: No offense taken, but let me rephrase your comment. A W203 is not even half of an E46. :)

here's the M3 spoiler on an A4/S4. <br> <br> http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext34.shtml<br> <br> The W203 trunk is about 1.5' wider than the A4 trunk, so the spoiler may be a bit short, after you bend it inwards to contour to the trunk.<br> <br> A better bet may be to use the M5 spoiler which is identical, but probably a little longer.<br> <br>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts