Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased this exhaust off ebay from a pretty reputable seller of used Mercedes benz parts with a 100% feedback score with 807 transactions. In the ad he states "According to the previous owner of the vehicle from which this was removed this is a Lorinser component. I can see no markings to substantiate this."
I won it in a no reserve auction for a very good price so good in fact that if it was misrepresented or incompatible I wouldn't even blink.

My question is does it matter that this unit was removed from a C-class? If so would it affect my performance in any negative way? What serial numbers or markings should I look for to confirm whether or not the exhaust is a genuine Lorinser component?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes 500E & CLK32K
511 Posts
All Lorinser exhausts are stamped on the tips with the Lorinser logo. Most also are stamped on the body of the exhaust as well. What you have posted does not look like any Lorinser exhaust I have ever seen.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the response. I did a little research and I saw an s550 Lorinser exhaust with no markings on the tips but stamped on the body as you have described. By the looks of the body stamp in the attached pic of the s550 exhaust, I can see how it may have been overlooked if it is indeed Lorinser.
I have not received the exhaust yet and have yet to inspect it for any identifying marks the seller may have overlooked especially if worn down due to age and or wear.
Not getting my hopes up but if it is real Lorinser I got it at an amazing price. Even if its a stock muffler with tips I still got it at an amazing price. Anyone else have any ideas on what brand it may be?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts