Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i was installing my new alternator today, i noticed the belt was pretty loose, so i went to get a new belt at autozone today. I put the alternator in anyways with the old belt. Before i went, i jumped my car (dead battery becuase of alternator) and there was no power comign from the alternator. I left my lights on for 5mins and they got significantly dimmer. However when i reved up the engine, the lights would go bright again for about 1second, and then go back to being dim. Could this be because of the loose belt, or a problem with the alternator. I got a used one, but i am pretty sure it works. I'll try the new belt tomorrow and see how it goes..

Thanks,
Kevin

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
Dodgy alternator

Fenix

Could be a loose belt but then it should squeel when it is slipping.

Sounds more like your new alternator is dodgy. [xx(]

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the belt wasnt on all the way, and i just noticted, i must have been really out of it yest...

the belt wasnt on all the way, and i just noticted, i must have been really out of it yesterday when i put it on, because i didnt get it on all the way, going to fix it now and see what happens.

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it working [:D] all i had to do was tighten the old belt, now it purrs like a kitten, ...

got it working [:D] all i had to do was tighten the old belt, now it purrs like a kitten, and starts up without a jump[:D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.