Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I recently found a very clean 07 R320 with 66,000mi. The price that I would get would be 26,500. It has navi, pano sunroof, and rear entertainment.I need some advice before I pull the trigger on this car. It has no warranty and after driving it, it seems very solid. What do you guys suggest? Are there many obscure problems with these at this mileage? I have been reading on the forums but most of you guys have much lower mileages. Please help me out, any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic, 2007 R320 CDI, 2012 E63 P30, 2013 SLK250
440 Posts
mileage doesn't matter as long as you have all service records and know what has been done and when they were done. You should make sure the tranny fluid has been changed, since there is not a well known DIY procedure for it yet. Make sure the rear air suspension is holding air. You shouldn't really hear the air compressor come on after the initial start.
66,000 miles is just getting broken in for this motor. I recently hit 65k miles and the motor is just starting to feel more opened up and smoother.
As for price, I personally think that is a good price, but the no warranty part could be a deal breaker unless you are very knowledgeable or have a good MB indy.
-Robert

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robert,

Thanks for the reply. I took the jump with this car and took it home yesterday. Unfortunately, the only service records I have is what I can see from carfax. It has a good amount of service records and it shows that the tranny fluid was changed at 43,000 along with fuel filters. I'm not sure how reliable these records are however. Rear suspension shows no issues, motor seems solid, transmission is quite smooth. So far its pretty reassuring. I also bought a warranty for 2 years/24000mi. I guess that's a little peace of mind. I will be on here a lot more now to learn as much as I can so any help will be awesome!

Thanks
Duvi

·
Registered
GL450, R500 traded, ML350 sold
437 Posts
IMHO for the records to show up on carfax the service was done at the dealer. Just go over to a MB dealer and request a printout for your VIN number. I am assuming you bought it at an independent dealer otherwise they would provide this info already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it was an independent dealer. Thanks for the tip... I didn't know I could do that. I'll head over to mb later to see what I can find

·
Registered
'12 E550 Cabriolet, steel grey, P2; '07 R320 CDI, P1, Barolo red
114 Posts
07 r320 is great

Ours has about 50K miles so the warranty is almost up. things that went wrong under warranty included burned out fuel pump (apparently not uncommon), rear hatch hydraulic pump was replaced to make sure door opened consistently. Those were the biggies. Otherwise it has been great. Do check the pads and rotors carefully. These are big cars and eat breaks. Replacing rotors is not cheap, as they are not really designed to be machined when you replace the pads ( my understanding from others in the forum).

Price does not seem great (has 15K more miles than our car which is also an '07 which also means it was driven alot)

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic, 2007 R320 CDI, 2012 E63 P30, 2013 SLK250
440 Posts
our fuel pump was replaced during the warranty period as well. So I don't know if it's "not common". Left us stalled out in an intersection...
Rear hydraulic hatch pump was replaced as well under warranty. But at his mileage, I would assume if those were problems, they would have been taken care of by this point.
Price wise, I think it is also very dependent on where this car is located. Where we live, MB are a dime a dozen and so prices are lower, but if you are shopping somewhere where they are less common prices will be higher, especially if it's the CDI, which is not common where we live either and will naturally command a higher value.
-R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts