Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says , I'm looking into buying a C300 sport. It is a 2008 , it has 31K and it is going for 23,000. Trying to get it for the wife :D

Is that a good price for it? any issues in particular that I should pay close attention to? I noticed the passenger airbag off light, on. Is that normal , also noticed a Yellow warning sign on the left of the speedometer. What does that mean , I'm not that familiar with MB's.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul G.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As title says , I'm looking into buying a C300 sport. It is a 2008 , it has 31K and it is going for 23,000. Trying to get it for the wife :D

Is that a good price for it? any issues in particular that I should pay close attention to? I noticed the passenger airbag off light, on. Is that normal , also noticed a Yellow warning sign on the left of the speedometer. What does that mean , I'm not that familiar with MB's.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul G.

Hi Paul,

I am looking for same car, 2008 MY , too. May I ask where did you find this price ? I checked most of dealer (CPO) but for the car with no option they still ask for 25000+. will buy it in one month. thanks in advance!

Best Regards.
Ray

·
Registered
09 C300 4Matic
223 Posts
the passenger airbag off light will always be on if there is no one in the passenger seat, or no one of a certain weight limit. They are "smart air bags" so they are supposed to only go on when it detects that someone is sitting there. There is a weight limit so it knows if its a child or an adult but I dont know what that weight limit is. As far as the other light, which light is it? Is it a tire pressure sensor light? Is there a symbol that lit up?

As far as issues go, is it a CPO mercedes? If so then that should cover most major issues that pop up. I know some people have had issues with the break dust, others have reported early wear of the tires (mostly on the continentals), I am sure a few other people can chime in on issues they have had but I dont think there is a common issue to look out for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the passenger airbag off light will always be on if there is no one in the passenger seat, or no one of a certain weight limit. They are "smart air bags" so they are supposed to only go on when it detects that someone is sitting there. There is a weight limit so it knows if its a child or an adult but I dont know what that weight limit is. As far as the other light, which light is it? Is it a tire pressure sensor light? Is there a symbol that lit up?

As far as issues go, is it a CPO mercedes? If so then that should cover most major issues that pop up. I know some people have had issues with the break dust, others have reported early wear of the tires (mostly on the continentals), I am sure a few other people can chime in on issues they have had but I dont think there is a common issue to look out for.
Not a CPO , it's from independent dealer. Which ariseshe next question, what's Mercedes warranty 4/50? If so, CPO or not I should still be covered till 2012 or 50k right?

The light was a yellow triangle with an exclamation sign inside of it. It was on the left side of the speedo.

Thanks.

Paul G.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Appreciate for your kindly response, Paul! just wondering what option on the car you are going to buy? I might able to share something I know from my recent research ;-)

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes C300 | 2005 Yamaha R6
30 Posts
That's a pretty good deal, i just paid 23k for my 08 c300 sport with 49k miles (fully loaded though). I have only had mine for about a week now, but im absolutely in love with it.

As far as the yellow triangle warning symbol, double check the ESP isn't disabled. There should be a button in the center of the dash. When it is disabled, it throws a Yellow warning light on the dash.

--Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate for your kindly response, Paul! just wondering what option on the car you are going to buy? I might able to share something I know from my recent research ;-)
Lol!!!!

Ray, I found it on an independent car dealer. This guys deal with a lot of high end/ luxury cars.

I'm just not familiar with the current MB's. I don't want to buy this one and then regret it. It almost sounds too good to be true ;)

Paul G.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lol!!!!

Ray, I found it on an independent car dealer. This guys deal with a lot of high end/ luxury cars.

I'm just not familiar with the current MB's. I don't want to buy this one and then regret it. It almost sounds too good to be true ;)

Paul G.
Hi Paul,

I think it's actually a good car, but if you don't have some options, then you might missing some really important portion from Mercedes. they are 1.Multimedia package, (15 speakers Harmon-Kardon sound system. NAVI + 7" monitor, + voice control) and P2 package (Bi-Xeon beam.LED tail light). they are really useful and really represented the important part of MB technology. I tried on my friend's car (voice control and 7" high resolution monitor + Harmon kardon sound system) , if you will spend more then two hour on the car per day. they will actually enrich your life.. ;-) but of course, it cost more. so Killians31 says he got $23K for fully loaded, I am really envy of him ;-)

just my 2 cents, any comment and advise are highly appreciated and welcomed. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the car to a bodyshop to get it checked. The guy there was very helpful and looked at the car and gave me a little lesson on how to determine if the damage had been serious. I probably was a small fender bender in the front.

Test drove the car again, this time on the freeway. It didn't shake at all doing 80, it didn't pull to the left or the right. It drove like a dream. I think i'm going to get it.

Will post pictures and ask way more questions once I get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took the car to a bodyshop to get it checked. The guy there was very helpful and looked at the car and gave me a little lesson on how to determine if the damage had been serious. I probably was a small fender bender in the front.

Test drove the car again, this time on the freeway. It didn't shake at all doing 80, it didn't pull to the left or the right. It drove like a dream. I think i'm going to get it.

Will post pictures and ask way more questions once I get it.
Awesome, Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
One could probably get one a bit better than 23k.

Honestly, for a stripped down model, '10s were going for the high 20s when they were clearing them out.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
It's not a bad price considering mileage and assuming excellent condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
One could probably get one a bit better than 23k.

Honestly, for a stripped down model, '10s were going for the high 20s when they were clearing them out.
Hi Mika, sorry I don't really understand, "10s were going for the high 20s " would u mind to explain it for me? :)

Best Regards.
Ray

·
Registered
1 Posts
do your self one better and get the c350 there are not that many running around and the response in the engine in my personal experince is better than the c300. the c300 engine seems to be screaming at 4000 rpms up hill where the 350 handles the same hill at 2500 rpms with les gas consumed. the c300 is a great car but i found i use more gas in my parents loner c300 then i do in my c350 sport. this is usual due to the power to weight ratio. yes bigger engine means more gas but less gas does more in that engine aposed to the small.
The c class benz 07+ is a true picture of german engineering and luxury there is a bit more air noise aposed to the e350 but the ride is the same an the handling is amazing .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts