Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 2008 E Class with some options on it like PII and wood steering wheel, etc.

I went by the dealer and they had the sticker on what I wanted at about 56K. I am wondering what others have seen in terms of discounts. What have you been able to negotiate off the sticker?

Also does anyone think it is best to wait until summer to get the newer looking EClass?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Edmunds.com website shows about a 5% discount off sticker, with their pricing module. It is likely to improve as MB gets closer to launch the new E class. As for waiting for the new E class, it is a personal choice really, but dealers are less likely to be flexible on price with the newer model when it comes out. Postings for the new c and s class point to much improved reliability upon launch, compared to the initial w211 launch in 02-03.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked on the web to see if I could find pictures of the E Class and if these are even close to the way it will look then it is worth the wait. It looks more like a smaller S Class and is rumored to have more of an S Class interior.

I will wait unless my dealer is willing to do something drastic with the price of the current model closer to the launch.

Is it just me or has MB really stepped it up a notch? It looks like most of the cars are really looking good and starting to get people excited. I also find it amazing how many people can afford an MB. It is just amazing that so many of them are moving off the lot here in Charlotte, NC.

In Miami you see some many MB cars on the road that you are almost fooled into thinking they are affordable :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought my 08 E350 4Matic 12/31 at 4 in the afternoon.... ;-) I ended-up with what I thought was a good deal - PII, Ipod, metallic paint + free Sport Option all for dealer cost (even the optional equipment). While I was waiting for the paperwork in the sales office I used my phone to look-up the exact dealer cost for each item, and surprisingly the numbers matched exactly what I was being offered by the dealer. Maybe taking a car off their lot on the last day and last month of the year was in incentive for them! I don't have the papers with me, but I think all-in I signed at $52k. I took a 24 month lease to get me through until the next E-Class is in the showroom... Residual was 67% and the money factor was pretty good. No $ down but paid title tags & taxes then drove home.

Good luck!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I also find it amazing how many people can afford an MB. It is just amazing that so many of them are moving off the lot here in Charlotte, NC.
:)
Just because people buy things doesn't mean they can actually afford them! Just look at the sub-prime mortgage mess.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talking to the dealer

I am talking to my sales rep today to see when the new model will hit the showroom.

If I can not get an 08 at invoice then I think I want to wait until the new model comes out now. It really looks amazing and since I plan to keep the car for many years then the best thing to do is wait for it. I am pretty sure I will pay a premium on it when the new model comes out.

If anyone else has info on the new model or can confirm that they are getting a price break on the 08 models, please post here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts