Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i am new here and have learned from forums that this is the place to go get know what you need to know.

a lady at work wants to sell me her 2001 e230 for pay off which is $4250.i did some reaserch and found the HB issue so i checked the VIN. it was replaced at 61,000 miles. it now has 106,218 on it.i have looked it over and drove it a few times,i love it it is very clean. i am wondering is there anything else i need to look for , or does it sound like a good deal?

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Welcome; please click user cp and edit details to add your vehicle and location to your profile. It will be useful information going forward.

If you look up in the help/diy stickies you will find a common issues thread. Read through that for some of the things to look at. And if you are not familiar with used cars I would strongly suggest a PPI by someone familiar with these cars.

At 100k it's ready for lots of things. If you're not a diy-er it will be a big bill; if you are or would like to be you can afford this car very easily by using all of the help diy tips. But if you plan to run to the dealer every time you need something, this car will eat you out of house and home. ;)

If it is in fair shape, then that is a very good deal... assuming you're going to work on it yourself.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Agreed that the E230 is a pretty rare bird. But I see a lot of SLK-Class with that engine so you might browse that forum also. Or find the UK-based (or perhaps EU-based is more correct) forum where this car is more common.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts