Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommandations? I want to spend about $100. FCP Gronton LLC or Foreign CarParts Online is selling one made by URO Parts for $103. Has anyone heard of them? Any good?

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
See, it's good that I waited. I was going to respond with a smart-ass answer, but it's much better to let someone give a serious answer first.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,323 Posts
See, it's good that I waited. I was going to respond with a smart-ass answer, but it's much better to let someone give a serious answer first.
It's nice to see you finally maturing, Scott.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your replies, I think?

Also is it OK to store my hardtop on a hoist for 5 months out of the year? Or should I just use it to take it on and off and store it on a stand? The only thing is that I just don have the garage floor space.

Rob

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,841 Posts
Rob said:
Also is it OK to store my hardtop on a hoist for 5 months out of the year? Or should I just use it to take it on and off and store it on a stand? The only thing is that I just don have the garage floor space.
Sure you can suspend it from a hoist. My sister's has been suspended for but maybe a month or two for each of the last six years.

Here's a link to what one of our friends from down under built. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1323248-hard-top-hoist-winter-project.html?highlight=hoist
Andy posted some great pics and lots of info.

·
Registered
1985 380SL, 1998 230SLK
1,548 Posts
Sure you can suspend it from a hoist. My sister's has been suspended for but maybe a month or two for each of the last six years.
I misread that sentence at first and wondered why Dave was suspending someone from the hoist! (I missed the "'s" on "sister's"!)

It does give one ideas for how to handle misbehaving children. Once properly suspended, they can't reach out and do any harm.

And since we're doing links, I probably should have included the link to mine when I mentioned it: Hal Blog » Blog Archive » Removing the top on a Mercedes 380SL with a $25 Hoist.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts