Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Citroen CX, Volvo
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first foray into the world of the W123. I'd like to replace my trusty Volvo 240 with a trusty W123 300D turbo wagon. However, I'm having difficulty finding mint ones. Or, at the very least, in very very darn good condition. (I guess that would be excellent huh? :) ) I've checked the usual autotrader.com, cars.com, etc.

Is there somewhere I should look for these?

Thanks

-Jason
'85 Citroen CX
'90 Volvo 240

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
123 wagons are difficult to find because of low production numbers. Many owners are fanati...

123 wagons are difficult to find because of low production numbers. Many owners are fanatics about thier wagons as well, so they don't sell easily.

Dallas/Fort Worth would be a place to look. More Mercedes were sold from Park Place Mercedes in
the late 70's to mid 80's then any other Mercedes dealership on the planet. I have a straight non turbo wagon, good Texas body and great engine. May sell it or start driving it soon.

I even looked at one here for a man from Canada awhile back.

If you need a wagon because of the convenience, go for it but the search could be long expensive or both.

If you just want to get into a 123, a sedan would be much easier to find. A possible consideration for a first 123 series overall condition. My first 123 and still have it is a mint silver 78 300D sedan.

Now after turning into a hardcore Mercedes enthusiast,
major work is not a deal breaker.
John Gregg :)

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Search E-Bay

Several have shown up on E-Bay in your area. I sold an'84 last year for $6,000. I had to replace the rear suspension and do some work on the A/C. A really mint model can go as high as $10,000. Worth it as you will never need another car!
[:D]

·
Registered
82 300 TD
75 Posts
I have an '83 that has been in the family since it was bought new with 6 miles on the cl...

I have an '83 that has been in the family since it was bought new with 6 miles on the clock. It now has close to 300,000 and the engine is all original as is the paint. They are indeed difficult to find in decent shape as many have fallen into the wrong hands after the original owners betrayed them. How could they? It would take a tonne of money and the assurance that it was going to a good loving home before I would part with mine. And then I would most likely not be able to close the deal. I just could not imagine selling that car. I did see one on eBay the other day and if I am not mistaken it was in the CA area. Good luck.

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
I saw a red Mercedes 123 diesel wagon in traffic fri 20th, I don't usually do things like ...

I saw a red Mercedes 123 diesel wagon in traffic fri 20th, I don't usually do things like this, hollered out. "nice car" lady smiles and says "has over 250K"
John Gregg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, this is my first foray into the world of the W123. I'd like to replace my trusty Volvo 240 with a trusty W123 300D turbo wagon. However, I'm having difficulty finding mint ones. Or, at the very least, in very very darn good condition. (I guess that would be excellent huh? :) ) I've checked the usual autotrader.com, cars.com, etc.

Is there somewhere I should look for these?

Thanks

-Jason
'85 Citroen CX
'90 Volvo 240
Hi frineds, I m seling my California Mercedes W123 85/1 300D,617M tubo,129K miles(original engine),with MB Phone,central lock,80%tires, and all paper since brand new the car has red original spotless interior,auto, sunroof, AC converted with 134A and it blows cold. I m the second owner 4500obo. please contact me [email protected] 10x very much. 323 957 31 62.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.