Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'02 SLK32 (SOLD), '02 SL600 Silver Arrow, G55K
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking for a set of 18" wheels to throw on the SLK32. I would appreciate it if you knowledgeable people cold advise me on what wheels fit properly with the car, clear brakes, etc etc. I like Brabus V's and VI's as well as Renntech and am open to suggestions! Please help I have no idea how wheel/tire fitments work.
TIA

·
Registered
2002 SLK32
1,080 Posts
Hi,
I am looking for a set of 18" wheels to throw on the SLK32. I would appreciate it if you knowledgeable people cold advise me on what wheels fit properly with the car, clear brakes, etc etc. I like Brabus V's and VI's as well as Renntech and am open to suggestions! Please help I have no idea how wheel/tire fitments work.
TIA
I have Renntech monolites. The clear fine but are pricey.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
I have Brabus v 8.5x18 f 9.5x18" r no probs at all.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Brabus are too heavy and way over priced. The RENNtech are overpriced (in my book) but at least the monolites are no extremely heavy.

The goal is to decrease unsprung weight, not increase it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments guys.. Papa, I am interested in the v's unless I can find a reasonably priced set of monolites.. Papa did you need to use spacers? Would i need to on the amg? Will i have any issues with brabus V's 8.5 front 9.5 rear? Tia guys!!

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Nope no spacers needed, and yes me and BrabusSlk run them 8.5/9.5 no probs.

Mine car came with iv, But bought the v, was a toss up between the v and the vi, the v won :D

I would stay away from toyo's they sit narrow ( stretched ) on the rim, and offer 0% protection... Im on my 2nd front / 5th rear

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I can buy the 18" brabus V's and mount them straight on to my slk32 amg .. and have no rubbing or any issues? What tires do you recommend paps? Tire sizes? Im gonna take you peoples' word on it and cop a pair.. please assure me there won't be any issues ... THANKS !! xD

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Cant see anyway of it fouling anyware, BrabusSLK has BIG fcuk off brembos on his with no probs.

As for rubber m8, I dont really know I still have not worn out these fcuking toyo's, So as I do Ill look here and ask lol, And sorry m8 cant remember the size, I think that tyrerack place has a thing to tell you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts