Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,<br> <br> I am looking for the speed-signal to tap into for the navigation unit. Anyone have any idea where it is for 2002 E-class? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.<br> <br> John J

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed navigation on a 2001 e class wiring should be the same check the passenger kickpanel look for a green/black wire. it is a 18 gauge wire not hokked up to anything it is just taped up

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help!

Hello Ivan,<br> <br> Thank you for your reply. You have just confirmed what my tech told me this afternoon. The wire is from the VSS from the rear axle and will work just the same as the one from the front axle. Thank you again, and I feel a whole lot more confident now.<br> <br> John J

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ivan, I have a few questions

Hello Ivan,<br> <br> Where exactly is the wire? In the right front passenger kickpanel, is the wire close to the front door or is it closer to the engine? I did not see any taped up loose wire. Do I need to unwrap any wire bundles to locate this wire? Please advice. Thank you.<br> <br> John J

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ivan , I have a question needs your help

Hi Ivan , John J. told me that you have put the NAV. system to your 2001 E class , I try to install Pioneer P7400 mp3 player , everything is working but only the Ignition wire I couldn't find it, can you please give me a help, my car is 2000 E55.<br> <br> Thanks<br> <br> Jeff

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Hi Ivan , I have a question needs your help

Mercedes radios a unique because they have an ignition switch internal. Any ways the only thing you can do is go to the fuse box in the engine compartmen. If your looking at it it should be on the right hand side near the firewall. You need to test the wires with a meter and find out which one is ign. There is an opening for you there for you to run the wire inside.

·
Registered
91 500SL 80K / 2003 E500 120K (Runs Perfect!)
69 Posts
1998 W210 E320 Command Install

Ivan.

Can anyone tell me where the VSS contact on a
98 E320 sedan, I have all the connections except for the speed signal (vss)

Thanks !

Henry T

1 - 8 of 8 Posts