Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, been really busy lately so havent been to active on this forum but im back! And i have a question. I have 3 of these wheels off a wrecked 123 and ive been looking for over 3 years to find a 4th wheel. Ive been to junkyards and such and no luck. They're around but not many of them, i saw some last night on a w 124! Well anyways if any of you know where i could get just 1 wheel with the center cap and 5 lugs, itd be really cool. Also if you guys get the chance just keep ur eyes out for one if u see one around or at the junk yard, thanks a lot everyone:)

Attachments

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
I may be able to get you one. Are you planning to rechrome them because the one I know of may not match well. I'll go check for you on tuesday because I saw some a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks zack, well i dont know bout rechrome them, but refinish them of some sorte, im not sure exactly, im gonna change the center stars from gold to silver because i dont like the gold at all. But we'll see, it will just take time to tell

·
Registered
'77 6.9, 74 240D, 96 Ram 5.9L Cummins
2,654 Posts
Obaja if Zack can't find it I think I saw one at the junkyard in Monrovia up here. Although I can't say when I would be able to get back to the yard since I have only sundays to do anything that isn't work related.

The place had alloys stacked 7 feet high in an area that was 50x50feet. I saw a few worn Pentas but passed on them sitting it a sea of 14" bundts.

·
Registered
'77 6.9, 74 240D, 96 Ram 5.9L Cummins
2,654 Posts
It's possible or they could have been wheels from a cadillac or a lincoln. They were the right size but they obviously didn't have the caps on them. I was holding a lot of parts in my hands and wasn't able to climb onto a field of tires. This was quite a few months ago as well.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hopefully there will be one left. Our yard has a euro 500se that I actually got the bumper off and shipped to a guy in chicago and it had 4 nice examples of the rims you are looking for. I think I saw one or two tuesday when I got the penta's but I'm not sure.

If I do find them are you going to want them shipped or would you just want me to bring it to the next meet?

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
There were 4 of those in a w126 with some sort of a bodykit one time I was in the junkyard. I didn't have the allen tool with me so I didn't get them, I wish I did...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Is an allen wrench required to remove these? I'd hate to go and find one then not have the right tools for removal.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my heroes!

Boardmonger said:
Hopefully there will be one left. Our yard has a euro 500se that I actually got the bumper off and shipped to a guy in chicago and it had 4 nice examples of the rims you are looking for. I think I saw one or two tuesday when I got the penta's but I'm not sure.

If I do find them are you going to want them shipped or would you just want me to bring it to the next meet?

Gosh u guys are my heroes!!!!!!!!! ya if u could just bring em to the next meet cus shipping will be mucho $$$ ill pay for the wheel plus whatever u think is fair for getting the wheel for me-(looking, going to the yard and getting....) Hopefully the wheels not to expensive but, its gotta be what its gotta be. Thanks a lot guys! and hopefully the next meet is on sunday and ill b there for sure. I just washed my car 3 days ago and its been parked in the garage ever since!;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Are the three you have 15 or 16 inches? I'd hate to get one and have it end up the wrong size. I am checking 2 pick and pulls tommorow afternoon. I'll check back here before I go. If I get one I'll just ask you for what they charged me plus $2 for admission. I think that is fair enough. If they do it shouldn't cost more then $30.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
in the pics i took, theres a pic of the tire size. its a 15 inch rim. Gosh thats so cheap 30 dollars, if its around there or 50 or something thatd b so cool, just hopefully they have the centercap for it cus those things cost a fortune and are hard to find

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
If there is no centercap would you still be interested? I would assume they should still be present (maybe in the engine compartment but still near the car). Hopefully one or two will still be there. If only I had known you were looking for these you would have had the missing wheel at the April GTG. I figure around $30 because my rOnal's were $15 each but kinda crummy shape so I figure a chrome wheel with a larger MB logo wouldn't be that much more.

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,701 Posts
Hey zack ...where in the bay area is this pick n pull or the ones you go to?

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,701 Posts
oh and marsh....im going to pick n pulls here in sac tomorrow so i will look at all 3 for you ...15in with center cap.....ill look.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Well my search was not successful. I checked both san jose yards and there were 3 16 inch rims but they didn't say centra so they were probably a knock-off. Hopefully Garrett can yield better results.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
k well thanks for lookin guys.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Don't worry, Ill keep my eyes peeled for you. I actually dropped my car off at the shop today and there was a SL with some of these rims, they really look spiffy. I can't wait to see them on your car, they are unique and stylish.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya some people oppose these wheels and like the mag wheels better but everybody has the mag wheels so i wanna get rid of mine and put these on. i mean i got 3 of them, itd be sad to see those get waisted, all i need is 1 more! it will just take more time

1 - 20 of 25 Posts