Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my beast up to 156 mph this morning. I was cruising at 140 and stepped on the loud pedal. Came off of the throttle slowly around 153 mph and the car kept accelerating up to 156. Never hit the limiter! She still had a lot more in her too, but I didn't!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The speed limiter should kick in around 155. I never had the space to go over 150. : WOW!!!..that's fast...at what speed does the speed limiter kick in?<p><p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rich,<p>I had mine up to 145mph but there was traffic ahead and that was at 2am driving from LA to Orange County, Ca....that's So.Cal traffic for you.<p>I was thinking of going to Brabus (I didn't know where to get AMG parts in the USA now that it's factory owned) to get a new ECU w/out the top speed limiter. Now that you tell me you haven't run up against it, then I might want to save the cash (I think about $2500).<p>Regards,<br>Edmond<p>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

In my experience, the car will overshhot the limiter by a few mph then settle back.

Having said that, my current E-55 was still going strong at 163mph when I ran out of space and had to back off.

R,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts