Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a set of AMG mufflers with dual exhaust tips for my 2003 SL.
Please e-mail or PM me if you have a set or know where I can locate them.

·
Registered
1967 250SL; 2003 SL500R; 2002 ML320
64 Posts
Real AMG 55 mufflers are hard to come by and expensive- check Ebay often and you may luck out. However, if you just want the look of dual tips see Ebay Auction #330220862175. For under $500 you can achieve the look with a little modification.

·
Registered
Mercedes CLK 320 Mercedes 500SL
87 Posts
Real AMG 55 mufflers are hard to come by and expensive- check Ebay often and you may luck out. However, if you just want the look of dual tips see Ebay Auction #330220862175. For under $500 you can achieve the look with a little modification.
has anyone done this and how hard was it to cut out the bumper?

L

·
0 Posts
There's is one right now for sale for around $700 over at mbworld.org in the classified forum.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I put Sl55 exhaust on mine. Cut off the quad tip and put on your single tip on and you do not have to modify the bumper. Don't make it ghetto, unless, you want to put SL55 bumper in the future. Do not put on the resonator if you want deeper tone.

L

·
0 Posts
I put Sl55 exhaust on mine. Cut off the quad tip and put on your single tip on and you do not have to modify the bumper. Don't make it ghetto, .

Why buy the SL 55 exhaust and cut off the tips? The main reason for the SL 55 exhaust is because of the quad tips. Don't want quad tips then just buy the aftermarket exhaust and sound better. Btw, it only look ghetto if one is attempt to cut the bumper without the right tool. Btw, I paid to do a quad exhaust style tips on my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still looking for factory exhaust

I had a real SL55 bumper installed, just need the muflers and tips, thanks for a heads up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts