Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1996 S500 coupe
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
didnt find a classifieds here, so I am posting here

if anyone local to Toronto knows of any 8 spoke 15"/16" rims to fit my 124, let me know.. with or without tires

I am also willing to entertain AMGs provided they are authentic (no fakes) and price is reasonable.

let me know what you got

thanks

·
Registered
1996 S500 coupe
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need then originals for my winter tires

I like to get a 2nd set of 15" rims in order to mount some nice summer tires so I dont have to keep swapping tires on the same set of rims every year

·
Registered
W220
174 Posts
snik - 3/22/2005 9:39 PM

I need then originals for my winter tires

I like to get a 2nd set of 15" rims in order to mount some nice summer tires so I dont have to keep swapping tires on the same set of rims every year
That why I need a 2nd set of rims too. I guess you dont have any leads as to where buy some cheap MB rims

·
Registered
1996 S500 coupe
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately not, I have even resorted to calling a few people who advertised their cars in the auto trader with 2 sets of rims, asking them if they'd be willing to sell the extra set of rims seperately and lowering the price of their cars, and they have all said no

another retarded thing is how much people want for ugly stock wheels... people want $400+ just for ugly stock 15" rims w/ no tires... its rediculous, just because its a MB wheel.

when I had my S500, I couldnt pay people to get rid of my stock 16" 8 hole bolts, and now it seems like they are worth their weight in gold now that I am looking to buy a set

·
Registered
85 300SD, 95 E320
341 Posts
Hey guys ... I hear your sorrow ... same story same city [:D]

I also called a guy who was selling his car and he supposedly had a set of 16" AMG rims (without tires) for the summer but he could not verify since he was the 2nd owner ... he asked for $800 ... sorry but no way considering they were at least 5 years old.

How much do you think is reasonable? i might have a lead, so if you're all into it maybe we can get a group discount.

Have you guys considered after-markets too or only OEM? Tire rack has Mille Miglia 5-spoke 16" rims on sale but after shipping, taxes, etc it may be $750CDN.

·
Registered
W220
174 Posts
It seems like in the US, MB rims are easier to come by. I contacted few people who would sell 15" MB rims for bout 250 bucks, but factor in the shipping and it's a no go[:(].

i guess Ill have to visit junkyards and hopefully I stumble upon some rims.

·
Registered
W220
174 Posts
124via126 - 3/24/2005 10:46 AM

Hey guys ... I hear your sorrow ... same story same city [:D]

I also called a guy who was selling his car and he supposedly had a set of 16" AMG rims (without tires) for the summer but he could not verify since he was the 2nd owner ... he asked for $800 ... sorry but no way considering they were at least 5 years old.

How much do you think is reasonable? i might have a lead, so if you're all into it maybe we can get a group discount.

Have you guys considered after-markets too or only OEM? Tire rack has Mille Miglia 5-spoke 16" rims on sale but after shipping, taxes, etc it may be $750CDN.

IMHO I would not put any other rims except MB rims on a MB car, well Brabus and some high end stuff would do as well.[^] However el-chepo mags dont belong on a MB.

I think the AMG monoblocks look sweet on a W124. People say that it's "played out" but I dont see too many W124 wearing AMGs in my area.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts