Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 S 430 4MATIC
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My StarTac cracked in half, Manhattan MB no longer has spare phone, haven't been made in 2 years.

Anyone looking to sell their MB startac, please contact me!

US CDMA only..

·
Registered
2002 C240
63 Posts
My StarTac cracked in half, Manhattan MB no longer has spare phone, haven't been made in 2 years.

Anyone looking to sell their MB startac, please contact me!

US CDMA only..
I would try auctions on ebay.com. Here is a StarTac Mercedes Phone auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1855279917. It is for Verizon. I don't know if Verizon is CDMA or not, but ebay may list others if not.

·
Registered
2004 S 430 4MATIC
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent you my contact information

I need to know the model number, better yet a picture- then I'll give you an fedex account to use.

·
Registered
G-500
84 Posts
please send me you contact info again.

I should be getting my G-500 by Wednesday, or Thursday. So I'll email you an image and details tonight. And after I get my truck if we come to terms, I'll have my service switched and over night the phone.

Thanks

Mark Caffray

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why not go get one from Verizon or whomever your cell phone provider is? There should r...

Why not go get one from Verizon or whomever your cell phone provider is? There should really be no diference between the phones. Other then the MB emblem on it. I have a startac phone that I use that I got from Verizon and it is CDMA, they may need to reprogram it but there should be no diference. I do not have an MB phone!!!

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The MB logo phone has different firmware in it in order to integrate into the car's syst...

The MB logo phone has different firmware in it in order to integrate into the car's systems. A non-MB phone will not work.

·
Registered
2002 C240
63 Posts
Ebay has another star tac

If you haven't located one yet, here's another on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1859850922

I read in one of your messages that you hate ebay. I believe you got outbid in the last seconds of the auction. Why not email the person who is running the auction and ask him or her if he or she is willing to give you a BuyItNow price on the phone. I have done this on a couple of occasions and the auctioner came back with a price. The price was higher than I wanted to pay, but if I was in serious need of the product, I might have paid it.

Dick

·
Registered
2004 S 430 4MATIC
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Manhattan MB dealership found one..

A customer who ordered the phone forgot to pick it up, Cost a good penny, but was only a fraction of the $1600.00 a new V60 phone and kit install would cost.

Couldn't you the phone listed on ebay anyway, It's TDMA, Verizon uses CDMA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: The MB logo phone has different firmware in it in order to integrate into the car's syst

The MB logo phone has different firmware in it in order to integrate into the car's systems. A non-MB phone will not work.
Oh I see, and there is no way to get anyone to re-program the firmware for them?

·
Registered
2004 S 430 4MATIC
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the many offers I received, I have purchased a new phone, from a dealership t...

Thanks for the many offers I received, I have purchased a new phone, from a dealership that had a remanufactured phone in inventory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Motorola V60

Just purchased an 03 E320 and did not purchase the phone system, is there any way to make my current Motorola v60 cell phone work with the integrated system ?

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
There is no way that I know of to reprogram a non-MB phone to integrate with the MB elec...

There is no way that I know of to reprogram a non-MB phone to integrate with the MB electronics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts