Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 450SL Roadster
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all!

I have a beautiful 1973 450SL, fire engine red and I just love it, I've only had it about a year and a bout 4 months ago all went to the well you know... So from what I can tell i need a manifold air pressure sensor, i keep losing acceleration and it won't hold acceleration once I do have it up to about 30 mph. I found one on ebay but am also seeking suggestions on where i can buy one.

Also if there are any technicians in the Sacramento area who can actually work on my car I'd be eternally greatful and your new lifelong customer!!

please help!

- Vihil
[email protected]
Sacramento, CA

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,348 Posts
Welcome to the asylum.......ah forum. Please complete your profile with car and location. It makes it easier on longer threads to remember what car we are talking about.

How did you reach the conclusion that the MAP was needed? A very expensive part.
Have the less expensive items been checked? Fuel filter, points, condenser and coil? A clogged fuel filter could definitely cause this. A rusty fuel tank with a clogged strainer could also cause it. Just a few things to make sure of first.

·
Registered
Mercedes 450SL Roadster
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
450 SL

:thumbsup:

thank you for the insight! I took it to a mechanic in sacramento and he said that was the problem. however, he was the only shop in the sacramento area who said they could even begin to know how to repair it! very frustrating if you can understand! which i'm sure you do!

All Fuel filter, points, condenser and coil have been replaced. It was okay but then I changed the fuel pump cause it was leaking out of nowhere. So i was thinking maybe the new fuel pump clogged the fuel filter with all the who knows what it pulled out of the tank? so I'm going to replace the fuel filter again and keep on truckin!

thank you for the welcome I will complete my profile.

Best wishes,
Vihil

also any ideas on a sacramento area shop who actually knows a 450SL?

·
Registered
1974 450sl 1994 bmw 530i 1995 f150 2007 FJCruiser trd se
41 Posts
I know someone in Grass Valley that does.

·
Registered
Mercedes 450SL Roadster
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tech for 450SL

Great looks like there is 1 in sacramento, so i'll give

John Ralich
Silver Star Motors
7749 Fair Oaks Blvd.
Carmichael, CA 95608

916-944-0420