Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300CD
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a set of low spec Euro headlights on my 300TD, but the reflector in the driver side light is in sad shape and the light output is compromised. The city light sockets are corroded in both headlights too.

There's a good set on Ebay in Germany right now for $299 plus $70 shipping to the US, but I don't want to spend that kind of money.

I guess the other option would be to just replace the reflector and the city light sockets, but I don't know where I can buy them.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1985 300CD
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, MB won't sell Euro parts here. They also won't sell anything that alters the factory setup to your vehicle. At least that's what the parts desk employees that I've spoken with keep saying.:(

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Unfortunately, MB won't sell Euro parts here. They also won't sell anything that alters the factory setup to your vehicle. At least that's what the parts desk employees that I've spoken with keep saying.:(
Some of the items are blocked (illegal per US DOT), like fire extinguishers, brackets or the FE, etc. Some are allowed, however.

I was able to acquire Euro headlight seals and mounting kit from my dealer.

Try giving them the P/N's you need instead. If they're still blocked, you'll need to source them elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
The only euro part I have had a hard time with is my reverse lamp lens, as on the wagons it permits a bright 20w bulb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts