Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 G500
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking to purchase a pre-owned W220, either a S430 or S500, MY 2000 or 2001.

I like to get any thoughts from current owners regarding model and year.

I'm led to believe that the only differences between the S500 and S430 are the following (besides the obvious size difference in engine displacement):

Nappa leather vs. standard;
Xenon vs. halogen;
Burl Walnut vs. Calyptus;
heated front seats vs. no heat;
CD changer vs. no CD changer.

Is this accurate? Any options that owners would suggest?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
I would suggest the MY 2001. The first model year has a few minor flaws that were fixed la...

I would suggest the MY 2001. The first model year has a few minor flaws that were fixed later on. Whether it's a 430 or 500 depends on your desire for power. Many 430's have what the 500's do although at an extra cost from the options packages. If a 430 is fine for you, try to find one that has the most options. My 2002 S430 has Nappa leather, xenon headlamps and headlamp washers, heated and cooled seats. These, I believe are all standard on the 500.

·
Registered
G-500
84 Posts
I looking to purchase a pre-owned W220, either a S430 or S500, MY 2000 or 2001.

I like to get any thoughts from current owners regarding model and year.

I'm led to believe that the only differences between the S500 and S430 are the following (besides the obvious size difference in engine displacement):

Nappa leather vs. standard;
Xenon vs. halogen;
Burl Walnut vs. Calyptus;
heated front seats vs. no heat;
CD changer vs. no CD changer.

I have a 2002 S430 that I bought 6 months ago. Its got everything, cd changer, phone, auto trunk,parktronic "don't buy one without it!" heated and vented seats, ect..including the sports package. I love the car, and can't see any reason to buy the 500 for my use. I live in Chicago find even though I drive on the espressways the power is more then enough, and the gas milage is that much better. Overall its a wonderful experience!![:)]

·
Registered
47 Posts
headlight washers

most s430's didnt have headlight washers, they do have the doors installed but no nozzles
most everything else is the same

1 - 4 of 4 Posts