Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a decent honest mechanic around Seattle WA?
Its so hard to find a trustwothy mechanic that knows how to work on Mercedes and doesnt try to rip you off.
Im scared to take my car to anybody now days after paying so much money just to turn around and have to pay even more to have somone else fix what the last person screwed up its very fustrating.
Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
00' ML55 AMG, 95' S320, 03' C240 T-Modell
102 Posts
I fit your description, but I'm in southern CA. Let me know if I can help. You should probably list the car(s) models you are looking to have serviced so you get the correct person. Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fit your description, but I'm in southern CA. Let me know if I can help. You should probably list the car(s) models you are looking to have serviced so you get the correct person. Good luck on your search!
Ok thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody know of a decent honest mechanic around Seattle WA?
Its so hard to find a trustwothy mechanic that knows how to work on Mercedes and doesnt try to rip you off.
Im scared to take my car to anybody now days after paying so much money just to turn around and have to pay even more to have somone else fix what the last person screwed up its very fustrating.
Any help is appreciated
Helmut's in Bremerton 360-373-4330 have been dealing with them for many years and several Mercedes Models even a 1958 300d Adenauer. Well worth the trip. Note: They like to put in NEW expensive parts - (good idea really) but will do cheaper after mkt or used parts if you talk to them. I have been listening though when they had objections. Example: new steering box (560SL) vs rebuild. Great bunch of people (family). Mom answers the phone most of the time and is sometimes a little hard to understand.
KlausG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Helmut's in Bremerton 360-373-4330 have been dealing with them for many years and several Mercedes Models even a 1958 300d Adenauer. Well worth the trip. Note: They like to put in NEW expensive parts - (good idea really) but will do cheaper after mkt or used parts if you talk to them. I have been listening though when they had objections. Example: new steering box (560SL) vs rebuild. Great bunch of people (family). Mom answers the phone most of the time and is sometimes a little hard to understand.
KlausG
I appreciate that thanks

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,637 Posts
Your concerns are exactly why I taught myself how to do maintenance on these cars. I got tired of watching my then-girlfriend (and best friend), now wife, getting repeatedly ripped off. I also got sick and tired of the shoddy "workmanship" that I've repeatedly seen from shops. Now, I do all work on our cars, and the job is done right.

What specific model of car do yo have, and what problem are you having?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your concerns are exactly why I taught myself how to do maintenance on these cars. I got tired of watching my then-girlfriend (and best friend), now wife, getting repeatedly ripped off. I also got sick and tired of the shoddy "workmanship" that I've repeatedly seen from shops. Now, I do all work on our cars, and the job is done right.

What specific model of car do yo have, and what problem are you having?
Its a 2004 S55 AMG 5.5L,
All i do on this car myself is change tires and ceck fluids im afraid of making something worse plus my tool supply is short at the moment.
From the things im noticing wrong are this check engine light after changing spark plugs and the symptoms made another mechanic i know out of state say its a hose that probably got broke and im having a air/vacuum leak?Also a oil leak i can never seem to fix im having to add oil every other freeway trip thats over 50 miles.
I dont see any oil topside only the pan and skid plates covered in dripping oil.
It looks like pan is leaking but ive had it resealed twice in the last 8months.
I know these things can be fixed fairly cheap i just dont know how or who to have do it without me paying for extra unnecessary stuff.

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,820 Posts
Did you have a check engine problem before changing the spark plugs ? What was the reason for changing them in the first place ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you have a check engine problem before changing the spark plugs ? What was the reason for changing them in the first place ?
The gas cap is not tightening properly after a gas station attendant twisted it too hard stripping it out or something.
thats the only thing setting the check engine light on before the spark plugs got changed and it only came on once in awhile.now the light stays on and its idling funny and missing.
It shakes at redlights but smooths out after getting speed.
I changed the plugs because i thought it would improve performance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts