Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
still searching
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am considering purchase of my first Unimog. It is a 1980 U900 fitted with a 4 section snowplow and rear-chassis mounted salt spreader. Being in the landscape trade, I am searching for an alternative to the typical 1 ton or single axle CDL dumptruck approach. What concerns me about these trucks (as I am a complete newbie) is there top speed, GVWR, ability to tow (our ASV 4810 with 87" snowblower and 1 yard bucket sitting on the trailer gives a load of ~13,000 lbs), general drivability, parts availability, and perhaps most importantly, reliability. Is the model I mentioned a good fit for our needs (it has less than 10,000 miles with an asking price of $15,000) or is there a more desirable choice? Ideally, I'd like to find one with a 3 way dump in with a plow (the salt spreader is not as important). The seller claims a top speed of 50 mph with the attachments removed from the truck. Any advice or recommendations, or leads to other vehicles are greatly appreciated, and please don't be afraid to be blunt.

Thank you
Matt Qualey

·
Registered
Unimog
26 Posts
Looking for Help

Hi Matt,

If you want to ask any questions about your potential purchase you can contact me via my web site. From what you're describing the 406 may be worth what the seller is asking if it is a good runner, no leaks and little to no rust.

Chris Elliott
www.offroad-imports.com
Rhode Island

1 - 2 of 2 Posts