Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'81 300TD Turbo
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for rear seat headrests for my '81 300TD Turbo. The color is supposed to be palomino based on the year, but it looks more like bamboo or dark bamboo.

·
Registered
1980 280e
670 Posts
I don't know where to get them, but, if your car didn't originally have headrests in the back seat then the clips or holders or whatever arn't there and I can't remember but you may be-able to get them from the dealership or you'll need a back rest that originally had head rests.
Otherwise you'll have to do a custom install, in which case the easiet thing to do is just get a set of front head rests (which are exactly the same as the rear headrests with different posts) and install them into the back seat somehow.
My car is kind of in storage for the winter but if you want I can post some pics of a front head rest looks like next to a rear head rest to see what makes them different....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is the color your looking for possibly "sienna"???

If so, I've got entirety of rear wagon seats and driver seat in that MB Tex color.

Would prefer to sell all as a set but will break up to sell rear headrests (3) for the right price.

Let me know and make offer if you're interested.

Thanks,

Jim S.

·
Registered
1980 240D
64 Posts
Sherjbte,

Sienna !! :)

Do you have any other interior pieces in that colour? Such as driver and passenger side "Map Pockets", or the passenger side lower dash cover?

Erin

G

·
Pictures speak a million words
[:)](I know it's a thousand but some
how a million makes more sense)[:D]

Instead of trying to guess at
what the color is, post a picture.

Much easier and we all can see what
color you need and what color others
have.

Louis.

·
Registered
'81 300TD Turbo
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll post a pic later, but if this helps the carpet has faded to an orange color in the places where the sun hit it most (spare tire cover mostly).

·
Registered
'81 300TD Turbo
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm basing my color on this chart:

http://www.jjproducts.net/jj_products_htm/products/Mercedes/ColorChart.html

If this is accurate for my year, I know it isn't sienna, but it seems to match more closely with the bamboo colors of the older years. I suppose it could be palomino and possibly may have darkened a little over the years.

I'm thinking of replacing the carpets and the driver seat and headrest covers. The seat is splitting in the seams and the headrest has what looks like cigarette burns on the back of it. The rest is in pretty decent shape.

There are holes in the tops of the rear seats for headrests and if I could find one, I'd also like to get the cargo cover. It has the fixtures for this also.

Has anyone ever changed a headliner in a 300TD? It doesn't look that difficult, but does look like it would be a bit tedious. I've changed headliners in old VW bugs and they are a real PITA. The Benz looks easier simply from the standpoint of having hooks to help hold it in place while you're tucking and gluing the edges.

·
Registered
1980 240D
64 Posts
Here's pic of Sienna, doesn't look at all like that colour chart swatch.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1189972&posts=7&hl=

·
Registered
'81 300TD Turbo
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out it is Sienna. I asked my wife yesterday morning what she thought it was. She immediately said Sienna without knowing a thing about MB and the colors they had.

She said that Crayola has a sienna colored crayon that she remembers from being a kid.

I knew I married her for a reason!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts