Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have rims on our Benz that have been discontinued. One of ours is leaking and there is no tool available to tighten the sprockets so we need a new rim or to fix the old one somehow. The rim is an AMG three-piece solid (no spokes) chrome rim with 10 (I think) sprockets. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated. We live on Maui in Hawaii so our resources are somewhat limited here.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Richard I don't see how a pic of me would help but I have a pic of the car and wheels....and FYI the wheels are 17' I believe....I've been searching all afternoon and am having NO luck. The car model is 1989 and I believe that the wheels were made for AMG by O-Z Wheels.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Greg - I wish I knew. I was wrong about the design. I went out and looked at it again. It's not spoked but it does have 5 'holes' so-to-speak so it's not a solid design. And, there are several sprockets that are designed to attach the face of the rim to the rim itself. The sockets are what are 10-point. I've been looking for a tool to tighten them hoping that would solve the problem but what I need is...are you ready for this....between a 9 and 10 mm star. Ridiculous! I'll see what I can find as far as a possible part number.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Post a picture of the wheels and maybe we can find it.

That makes MUCH more sense! Possibly that's what Richard Limp meant too.....possibly. I'll do that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Here's Anne's pic..

Thanks for posting that Frank.... We think that the rim has Aero 3-Piece included in it's name. I have been trying to research discontinued wheel sites but am obviously getting nowhere....<br>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts