Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the part number, correct name, or where to buy
The cable that is on the triangle cover flat for the hard top roof, I circled it in red on the Pictures. The cable looks frayed , I am looking for a source other than the dealer.
SKL230 year 2000

Attachments

·
Registered
Australia, 99SLK230 R170, 2001SLK32
1,374 Posts
good luck and let me know how you go - the stealership quoted me $160!....for one!
Recommend - if you find them at the right price - get 2 and thank me for the advice ..by letting me know where you found them....;>)

No luck my end. Just gotta nurse my 230 roof each time I put it down so the flaps dont dig into the head rest.

Believe me - one will stretch when you are least expecting it and stuff up your linkages for ever!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply

Billy,
Thanks for your reply, I will still keep looking, but I think I will also try and
have one made or something as its just a 10inch or so cable with a spring on it.

Do you have the part number on it ?

Thanks

good luck and let me know how you go - the stealership quoted me $160!....for one!
Recommend - if you find them at the right price - get 2 and thank me for the advice ..by letting me know where you found them....;>)

No luck my end. Just gotta nurse my 230 roof each time I put it down so the flaps dont dig into the head rest.

Believe me - one will stretch when you are least expecting it and stuff up your linkages for ever!

·
Registered
2004 230SLK
222 Posts
I bought one at my local dealer. I couldn't believe the price! It was $66 incl. tax. I think you could have one repaired for $20 or so. Maybe a motorcycle shop.

·
Registered
Australia, 99SLK230 R170, 2001SLK32
1,374 Posts
legend mbmastermx! - just put in an order for 2 - total $100AUD delivered.
You bought anything else from these guys before?

As for repair...hmmm....given the damage these little babys can do if they go (yes experienced that) then unless they could do a spot on job...maybe not.
Then of course if they dont - then you just gotta buy one from here....probably worth a go - getting the old one out of the spring chamber would be a challenge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts