Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I cracked both of my Bosch Fog Light Lenses. While going on a heavy trail at night (while I had all of the lights on), we went through several deep water crossings. I guess the hot lens cracked when it suddenly went underwater.

Where can I get it replaced?

Bosch Halogen - Yellow
917 R19 (on front center of lens)
2 305 607 001...002 (around the front edge lens)
0 305 650 004 (Sticker on back of lens)

Chuck

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Man I bet you guys had a ton of fun out there !! I wish I would have found you all. I cant believe I was already out there and still couldnt find you guys. Next time I'm bringing along a handheld GPS.

Are you going out off-roading anytime soon ?? Maybe we can get together sometime in the coming weekends and go wheeling in Ocala ??

P.S- I sent you a response e-mail about the tires.

·
Registered
TJs, FJ40s, JGCs, G500
2,343 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=65230&item=7956136272&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42833&item=4512932175&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4x4abc - 2/22/2005 3:15 AM

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=65230&item=7956136272&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42833&item=4512932175&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V
These are the wrong ones. I'm looking for the round fog lenses that are attached to the Brush Guard, on either side of the Mercedes Star.

Thanks Again,
Chuck

·
Registered
Mercedes G Brabus
678 Posts
Maybe a stupid question but... are there no Mercedes dealers where you can order these foglights in the US ? I now these things (and much older and rarer items) are still in stock at Mercedes Germany. [:I]

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gert - 2/22/2005 10:58 AM

Maybe a stupid question but... are there no Mercedes dealers where you can order these foglights in the US ? I now these things (and much older and rarer items) are still in stock at Mercedes Germany. [:I]
The local dealerships are no help at all. They will not go out of thier way for the G-wagons if you begged them! It's like pulling teeth!
I placed a call to Scott at Europa today, he is going to call Germany and have an answer for me tomorrow.
Personally, I thought that Bosch parts would be easier to locate. It would be great if I could find a catalog or something too.

Chuck

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,981 Posts
MB-USA Support

cfowler - 2/22/2005 7:10 PM

The local dealerships are no help at all. They will not go out of thier way for the G-wagons if you begged them! It's like pulling teeth!
I placed a call to Scott at Europa today, he is going to call Germany and have an answer for me tomorrow.
Personally, I thought that Bosch parts would be easier to locate. It would be great if I could find a catalog or something too.

Chuck
Perhaps, the recent quote on this forum by the MB-USA employee, "......_GURU", sums up their attitude towards older G's pretty well. See:

http://benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=188608&mid=1419056&fid=30#M1419056

Read the first sentence. [xx(]

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
cfowler - 2/22/2005 6:10 PM

Chuck
www.niemoeller.de - 3x check anything you receive. Great product, good prices, horrible shipping accuracy. They always make it right in the end.

Regarding US dealers, not sure why but the last 8-10 months my dealer has become a dream to work with. I hope MB-USA in NJ has been listening and pro-actively is trying to fix the demise of a once great brand.

I also know some dealers that will order parts for non-US cars. Caliber in LA will for sure. It always helps to have the part numbers in case they don't have the fiche or EPC for your model.

·
Registered
Mercedes G Brabus
678 Posts
What a difference against Europe[:0] Overhere Mercedes-Benz pride themselves (advertise even) on their involvement in old and rare cars. They garantee you that almost every piece needed of every Mercedes ever made can be obtained. The only drawback is the price which can be gruesomely high especially on low volume cars (600 from the '60 and '70) and cars with lot's of chrome. But they will provide it for you. They even work very close with some of the best restorers in the world to make a piece if they themselves can not make it anymore. Of course there are big differences between dealers but time and patience will sort that out. It's becoming very clear that ownership of a rare or older Benz in the States is MUCH more demanding than in Europe. Isn't this a gap in the market for some clever businessmen with love for older Benz's to start a shop/garage to provide for all your needs or does this already exists [?]

·
Registered
Mercedes G Brabus
678 Posts
Maybe these are the one's http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44243&item=7956572298&rd=1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts