Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello gents

Im new here in this forum, & have couple of questions.

I have SL500, 2003 model with AMG exhaust system. Im looking for loud exhaust sound, so I looked underneath the car & found there are 4 mufflers two in the center & two in the rear. Today, I have deleted the two center mufflers but the sound wasnt that loud as I expected. My question is: How I can get a loud sound from AMG exhaust system?

Secondly, my car is lowered from the driver side (both front & rear) more that the passenger side, What are the causes to this problem? just to mention that I have the front left shock is leaking the hydraulic oil

regards

·
Registered
385 Posts
Can't help you with loud mufflers...
Get a Harley??
;-)

You'll need a new strut; it's well within the realm of a DIY job; otherwise budget $2000+

·
Registered
930 Posts
check with Arnott suspension, they have all the parts, you can ask them about the problem and they can tell you what you need

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont have much background in cars mechanic but logically if its a prob from the shock, the call will be lower from only the side of that damaged shock (which is the front left in my car's case), but as i said its lowered from the whole driver side (front + rear)

anyone agree?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dont have much background in cars mechanic but logically if its a prob from the shock, the call will be lower from only the side of that damaged shock (which is the front left in my car's case), but as i said its lowered from the whole driver side (front + rear)

anyone agree?
I bought a 2006 SL500 3 weeks ago and drove to a meeting this AM. When I went to leave the ABC warning on the dash popped up in red, and said drive carefully. I did notice the leaky fluid under the hood by the front left wheel. I was wondering what that cost you to have fixed? A strut replacement ranged from $300 DIY to $800 at a shop. Thanks for your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts