Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 SL600, 84,300 miles. Black with black top, sand interior
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Would anyone happen to have an ADS II module for sale? The part number is 0185459532.

Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tom,

Could I ask why you are replacing the ADS module? What symptoms did your car have? What codes showed up when the car was scanned? Im trying to diagnose my 2000 SL600 right now and all things are pointing to the ADS module being bad. Your input would help a lot! Also, did you find a module already? Where did you find the best price? and Did the module fix the problems you were having?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1997 SL600, 84,300 miles. Black with black top, sand interior
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I actually bought the car on eBay, knowing that it had problems. The ADS dash light was continuously on from Day 1, and I chose to ignore it. After about three months of driving, the rear end of the car was permanently lowered 60 mm (the maximum range).

I'm not sure where you are located; I took my car to European Auto Solutions in Waltham, MA - a top notch facility. The module could not be repaired, but I did find one on eBay for $520. It has since worked perfectly, although I never use the function. From what I have read on the forum, the ADS is terrific when it works and a horrendously expensive nightmare when it doesn't - many people with the 600 choose to disable it entirely and install a conventional suspension.

You could try BBA reman. ABS, ecu's, throttle bodies, air mass meters, and catalytic converters, which may or may not be able to repair the module - they have a local office in Taunton, MA. I hope this helps! Which year / model do you have?

Tom

·
Registered
94 SL600, 89 Jag XJS conv, 85 Daimler Princess, 97 993 63 Avanti 16 Lincoln MKZ hybrid 16 Silverado
720 Posts
I hope with the rear drop you replaced the accumulators ( air spheres) The pump can be a problem, but the sphere breakdown is the harsh ride or fluid consumption with out a leak from the damper. If I see fluid then the tubing or connections have a problem, if the ride is hard, feeling every bump, and you have added fluid , then the spheres have lost the membrane. If the car is uneven, or low on one side the the adjustment bar has been altered.
I have had the joy of all that repair process, and just replaced the spheres, the ride is back and wonderful! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts