Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350 W/AMG Package
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, new member here and this is my first post. I did alot of searching online and in this forum but still did not find any solid answer on the matter.

I am looking for a full turbo kit with intercooler and ECU/ Reflash for the SLK350, i know i have heard of superchargers in the works for these cars, but to me and my strong personal preference i want a trubo for this thing! and I would pay any price to have it done!

does anybody know anybody who has turboed their SLK350? and if so where! the local performance shops are no help, so its up to you all, thank you so much for your help! :bowdown:

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
I don't know anybody that has a turbo on their SLK350 and I have been here for awhile.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
I agree with Ynot and I've been here since 2005. Most people would rather switch to an SLK55AMG than put 7 - 10K into turbocharging their 350.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found A.R.T's turbo kit price but not sure how much it is in U.S
I hope it will be helpful to you btw, if I just buy aAK35 kit only, is it going to be very hard to install?? what do you think guys?

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 350
216 Posts
Hmm that is some serious power hikes with the superchargers :rolleyes:

impressed by the 200 gains for not too much cash....

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Where do you see an increase of 200hp? I see it going up by approximately 100hp on the 350 using the ART kit.

But holy crap that's expensive... Is it euros? If so, you'll be looking at over $20k for the kit alone. NOT WORTH IT! Just sell the 350 and buy a second hand AMG. You will NOT regret it.

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
Where do you see an increase of 200hp? I see it going up by approximately 100hp on the 350 using the ART kit.

But holy crap that's expensive... Is it euros? If so, you'll be looking at over $20k for the kit alone. NOT WORTH IT! Just sell the 350 and buy a second hand AMG. You will NOT regret it.
Maybe a typo, it's about 100hp more for every SC kit that I have found on the internet. It's probably euros, not including installation. Forced induction isn't cheap at all for the SLK350, not worth it, I agree, trade up for the SLK55, cheaper, more reliable and with warranty.

·
Registered
SLK350 W/AMG Package
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for finding that ART Kit, didnt see it when i was doing my searches, i will investigate it further. thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts