Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
No such thing...the only options you have are the LEDs that are clear when off, amber when lit, or the Phillips SilverVision bulbs which are silver when off, amber when lit. [:)]

·
Registered
02ML320 & 06RClass (sold)
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this the one....

Drew - 5/8/2005 12:04 PM

No such thing...the only options you have are the LEDs that are clear when off, amber when lit, or the Phillips SilverVision bulbs which are silver when off, amber when lit. [:)]
that you`re talking about Mr. Drew? And the price is also okey.

http://www.supremepower.com/category/lighting/lighting-silvervision.html

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
RE: Is this the one....

dewdaltz - 5/8/2005 2:26 PM

that you`re talking about Mr. Drew? And the price is also okey.

http://www.supremepower.com/category/lighting/lighting-silvervision.html
Yes, that's the correct one. Make sure that you get the dual filament bulb, since the ML's is both a flasher and a parking lamp. You might want to check www.powerbulbs.com for their pricing; I know that others have bought from them.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marcelc - 5/8/2005 12:53 PM

I'm using Philips Silvervision bulbs in the front (European clear front lights) which look better than the standard orange bulbs.
Hey Marcelc, are you using the dual or the single filament Philips SilverVision bulb?? What`s gonna happen if you use the single filament Phlips SilverVision bulb. When I checked the manual it says 1154 bulb-size for the turning signal. Please enlighten me, thank you

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm not sure if the European lights are the same as the US ones.

The indicator bulbs in the European lights are single filament which is what I used.

If the US indicator bulbs are dual filament, for what is the other filament used?

My manual says PY21W bulbs for both front and rear indicators.

I hope this answered your question, if not sorry and please ask again.

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
marcelc - 5/15/2005 11:17 AM

If the US indicator bulbs are dual filament, for what is the other filament used?
The second filament is used to produce brighter light with the front left or right turn signal on. A one filament bulb would have to blink on and off by itself and would not be as bright[or even lit all the time at night when turning] and thus harder to see as two filaments which can have one lit and the other blinking, or both blinking. correct me if I'm wrong but in the case of my super hyper bright LEDs: when my lights are completely off and I engage the turn signal on--it shines full brightness and then off completely as it blinks. With my parking lights and/or headlights on the signal blinks between full brighness and regular brightness...thus the bulb is always lit.

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
single filament bulbs wont fit in dual filament socket. you can either pull out the middle wire from the socket assembly or use electrical tape to cover one of the contacts on the dual filament bulb. mine blinks on/off in bright amber and stays off when not using the blinker.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
DIY Silvervisions

marcelc - 5/8/2005 9:53 AM

I'm using Philips Silvervision bulbs in the front (European clear front lights) which look better than the standard orange bulbs.
I have Silvervisions, as well, but I've heard of people using a light coat of heat-resistant silver spray paint on clear bulbs for a good imitation.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Drew - 5/8/2005 8:46 PM

Yes, that's the correct one. Make sure that you get the dual filament bulb, since the ML's is both a flasher and a parking lamp. You might want to check www.powerbulbs.com for their pricing; I know that others have bought from them.
I emailed them(powerbulb) they said they dont stock SilverVision anymore coz they are in demand. I checked the manual again, the turning signal that goes with bi-xenon uses 1157 and tha rear turning signal uses PY21W. I dont understand?????

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts

dewdaltz - 5/15/2005 3:16 PM

Drew - 5/8/2005 8:46 PM

I checked the manual again, the turning signal that goes with bi-xenon uses 1157 and tha rear turning signal uses PY21W. I dont understand?????
my front LED turns are two contact 1157s in the front. My rears are the standard oem blinkers as I like them and I didn't want to install load equalizers. I have LED brake lights, third brake LED array and the LED rear wing panel but no load equilizers are needed for that since my regular tails and blinkers are non-LED.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts