Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a problem with my import 16v, originally sold in France.

My heater fan has gone out, bearings are shot, but this 16v has the manual heater/AC, not the climate control, and the fan motor is different, it's smaller. And, apparently the 190 with manual heater controls was never sold in the US, so the US parts suppliers (like Peach) don't list the manual heater fan motor.

What I'm looking for is the MB and Bosch part number for that fan motor. I'm hoping that I can source this through a MB dealer if that fan motor was used on another vehicle that was sold here, or source it through a Bosch distributor.

To complicate it a bit, this would be the motor for a double cage heater fan as used in the 16v - I believe some 190's had a single cage heater fan.

Thanks for any assistance, the morning drive is getting real chilly.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Got a problem with my import 16v, originally sold in France.

My heater fan has gone out, bearings are shot, but this 16v has the manual heater/AC, not the climate control, and the fan motor is different, it's smaller. And, apparently the 190 with manual heater controls was never sold in the US, so the US parts suppliers (like Peach) don't list the manual heater fan motor.

What I'm looking for is the MB and Bosch part number for that fan motor. I'm hoping that I can source this through a MB dealer if that fan motor was used on another vehicle that was sold here, or source it through a Bosch distributor.

To complicate it a bit, this would be the motor for a double cage heater fan as used in the 16v - I believe some 190's had a single cage heater fan.

Thanks for any assistance, the morning drive is getting real chilly.
TrapperJohn :

Contact : neilrr who's one of our member in UK ( also in 190rev) , very helpful guy for hard to find Euro parts.Gluck.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that looks like it - twin cages, front cover plate is rounded.

Actually, a little steel wool on the old motor brought out a Bosch part number: W0130063022.

I've seen a couple of people on ebay selling a 70's W107 heater fan motor that has the same part number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts