Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
'07 and later is good. Stay way from '06 CLS500.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Damn! I just bought a used 06 CLS500. I'm new to this forum so browsing to see what other owners have to say. Can you list a few issues with the 06 model? I just want to be aware of any issues and address them as fast as I can before it becomes major. Thanks!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Damn! I just bought a used 06 CLS500. I'm new to this forum so browsing to see what other owners have to say. Can you list a few issues with the 06 model? I just want to be aware of any issues and address them as fast as I can before it becomes major. Thanks!
Check your maintainence records. Did the previous owner have the 39K mile transmission service done? The '06 had some transmission issues. My '07 had this service as "manditory" or my transmission warranty would not be good. :eek:

As for other problems, I don't remember and major ones, but there were a few other complaints. Use the search tool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whatever you do just make sure it has a warranty. I just got a CPO '07 CLS63 AMG with 36k miles and on my way back home from the dealer in FL the car threw ESP trouble light and the transmission was shifting from 7 to 6th and back for no apparent reason. Needless to say the car is sitting in a shop right now. I took the extended warranty as well. I can just imagine what all this would cost without the warranty...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts