Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been getting things fixed little by little on the Benz and after years of using our Sirrius Boom Box I finally sent out the radio and amp to FL and get it looked at, fixed and have an iPod connection put on the radio.

I/we noticed that she doesn't have a CD changer magazine for the trunk mounted CD changer. If anyone has an extra one or one they're looking to sell at a reasonable price, I'd be interested before going to Ebay.

I have a 94 R129.067 with the Bose sound system.

Thanks Benzies.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You might ask these guys, they've been very helpful to me.
As I understand it, Becker designed the car's radio and CD, but the radios and CD players were actually built by others.
Going through them should help you get the correct part. I was considering putting a factory CD changer in my car and learned that the parts aren't necessarily interchangeable.

Becker AutoSound LLC - Mercedes BMW Ferrari Porsche Auto Audio Repairs

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I think Alpine designed the unit, at least they did on my 96. I bought one through the dealer but I've seen them on eBay quite frequently.

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
check ebay, they usually show up on a regular basis.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check ebay, they usually show up on a regular basis.
Yeah I know they're there, lol. Am just hoping maybe someone has an extra one laying around before I drop another $50 on eBay or $150 or more from the dealer, lol. (ugggg the dealer)

It is odd having a working radio in the Benzie.

A big shout out to Bob at Factory Car Stereo Repair, Inc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts