Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 G55 AMG Black with Designo Sand Interior with Black/Charcoal wood trimmings
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am interested in purchasing a 560 SEC AMG 6.0 Widebody preferrably in black, any and all advice on where I can find one would be much appreciated and if you own one how has your experience been?

Thank You :)

S

·
Mercedes
9,039 Posts
There's a car dealership in Japan that often has widebody SEC's like the one you are looking for. The pictures of their cars come out beautifully and they seem to know what they have as they always have a replacement car once one is sold. The name of the dealership is "Garage Current" and if you do a search on the internet, you'll find it.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1989 560sec 6.0L AMG & Renntech
2,355 Posts
Am interested in purchasing a 560 SEC AMG 6.0 Widebody preferrably in black, any and all advice on where I can find one would be much appreciated and if you own one how has your experience been?

Thank You :)

S
Very hard to find these. Most of them are not true AMG. People claim they have documentation, yet the car is still not legitimate. Good luck to you!!

·
Premium Member
1989 560sec 6.0L AMG & Renntech
2,355 Posts
that's nice but $40k? i'd be a lot happier with a 911 or c63
Offer him $20k. See if you can work a deal for $30k. The economy is killing resale on cars right now.

·
Registered
560SEC, 1988; 500SE, 1984; 500SL, 1983
1,880 Posts
If the paperwork checks out, and the car is in as good condition as the pictures suggest then I'd say it is priced slightly higher than it's value. $30-35K I would think will take this car, and I think it would be worth it.

·
Registered
2007 S550
88 Posts
Regarding the 560SEC AMG 6.0-

This isn't the true AMG Hammer, correct? Isn't the true AMG Hammer the W124 E-Class? I guess the 560 6.0 just an AMG Hammer engine.

·
Registered
'03 Z4, '02 E55, '11 ML350
710 Posts
There was a 560SEC 6.0 widebody available in the Seattle WA area just a month or so ago. I did talk with the owner. She and her husband (now deceased) are the second owners. She also sent me a copy of the original invoice.

Not sure if there is still interest but let me know and I'll give her a call.

Mike K.

·
Mercedes
9,039 Posts
There was a 560SEC 6.0 widebody available in the Seattle WA area just a month or so ago. I did talk with the owner. She and her husband (now deceased) are the second owners. She also sent me a copy of the original invoice.

Not sure if there is still interest but let me know and I'll give her a call.

Mike K.
Someone informed her that the car is worth $50k and she's asking for that amount. I'd say she'll be lucky to find a buyer at that price.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Someone informed her that the car is worth $50k and she's asking for that amount. I'd say she'll be lucky to find a buyer at that price.
What he said... plus, all the log books/history were thrown out a year or so ago... buying a race car w/o Any records is um...:eek:

jono

1 - 14 of 14 Posts