Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the board,great site. Looked at a '92 500SL, white with the light gray bottom panels, 41,000 miles, garage kept, gold emblems, burgandy interior, fairly new tires, everything looked real good except the driver's front wheel, had gouges in a 4 inch area of the outer rim. I drove it for a few miles and came to a stop light and the engine started sputtering. I was right close to the interstate so I got on it and got it up to 80 for a short while but when I was getting on the off ramp a noise came from the back of the car that sounded like a truck was on my tail. By the time I came to a stop the noise stopped and the enging didn't sputter any more. Possibly from lack of use. The price is $28,900 and pretty firm. What do you all think of the price and any info will be greatly appreciated about that year.<br> <br> Regards,<br> <br> John<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 95 500 with 90k <br> and it looks brand new. I <br> have a 2 year or 30k <br> warranty which is <br> excellent and you can take <br> it to Mercedes for repairs <br> with a 50 dollar <br> deductable. It's black <br> with the grey bottom and <br> black interior. South <br> Jersey area. 33k or BO. <br> [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds to pricey to me.<br> <br> When I was at my Mercedes dealer, I saw a 98 SL500 with Panorama roof (glass, almost $4K option) with 40,000 miles for $38,000.<br> <br> My suggestion, buy as new as you can. With the new model out the resale values are very low right now so you can get a good deal.<br> <br> Good luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts