Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a 2003 ML500 with 110k miles as its being offered for relatively cheap.

Is there anything I be on the lookout for?

What can I expect its yearly maintence / repair costs to be?

How many miles are these cars expected to last before they become too costly to maintain?

Thanks!

·
Registered
GL 450 2008
128 Posts
Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a 2003 ML500 with 110k miles as its being offered for relatively cheap.

Is there anything I be on the lookout for?

What can I expect its yearly maintence / repair costs to be?

How many miles are these cars expected to last before they become too costly to maintain?

Thanks!
what price are we talking about; that will help us help you.:D

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
The very best pre-purchase investment you can make is to have a qualified indie MB shop do a pre-purchase inspection, usually a 2-3 hr job, for average around $250.

$8000 is the approximate trade-in value, and retail is $9000-$10000 depending on area.

They will be able to identify for you all the positives and the potential service items.

Keep the beat !

·
Registered
05 ML500 SE
1,482 Posts
good price it could cost you virtually nothing other than oil change and gas.. or you could need to service the transmission, change an oxygen sensor, put in a new maf, new plugs, a battery could go bad, brakes might be done, tires?, etc.. these ML's are awesome but if its been neglected it can cost you to get it back into the zone. So you could have a really nice deal if its been maintained right. However you may have what seems like a dis-satisfying string of repairs. My buddy got a 2002 ml because i loved mine. It cost him like $3500 his first year. He paid $11k for his. I paid $6k for mine because it was a 99 and gas was $4 at the time. So he is about $15k into his at this point. And I have spent about $1k including tires. So I'm only $7k into mine. But mine was owned by a mechanic before.... so.... you see what i mean. Just know that without records you may have to pay for a bit of "teething". Most ML's should have teethed early issues between 60-100k though.

sometimes a carfax will reveal where its been serviced. If it has been dealer serviced you should be able to track down records by calling that dealer.

I will say this.. I'm willing to have my ML eat a tranny or need a new engine. I just really love it and I haven't even redone the suspension yet. New plugs and wires coming soon. But I'm hoping for keeping mine til at least 300k unless gas goes to $8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts