Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 745i, 528i
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....new clutch, transmission, battery. Interior is great...paperwork on recent repairs...engine is rough and putters...Update-car is in shop and needs new engine...

Ok so the car needs a new engine and I have been watching the w123 cars for a couple of months. I need a commuter, everyday good gas milage kind of car. I've never owned a MB, but have owned plenty of diesel engines. I know how long they run and the fuel milage is great. That's why I'm looking at early MB diesels. Anyway, since the transmission and clutch are new, maybe this wouldn't be a bad deal. What do engines cost? Is there any real complication with changing motors? 4cyl aren't that big. I've got plenty of mechanical skills to handle the transplant. Or maybe I should buy one already running?

What do you think?

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
MB Dealer Engines are Discounted

The Mercedes-Benz dealer network has dicounted remaining engines by a large percentage. They also will some with a warranty. I would call your local dealer and see what kind of deal you can make. The new engine would include all pieces. The injection pump as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.