Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
The price is too high for the mileage. You can pick up a 94/95 E320 with half as many miles from a rust free southern climate for that price. I'd bet the under body is a rusty mess and some of the lower door panels are rusty. The engine wiring harness may or may not have been changed (it doesn't say). It looks like they fixed the A/C (which is another common problem). The leather looks to be cracked and dried out. The carpet looks to be stained and salt damaged. I'd pass.

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
If you're looking for one, it's worth looking at. Remember this while you're searching, I can look at 10 cars and like 1 of them. If this is the first one you've looked at, you probably need to pass and look at nine others. Good ones are out there, but they're difficult to find. A good one is one that's (1) accident free, (2) rust free, and (3) generally looks like it's been well-cared for and not recently cleaned to perfection.

The price is fine for that one you linked to; I'd assume it's near you which would mean you are in NH which would also mean that getting a Cali car is not quite an option. And if you only want to spend $5000 or so, getting one from Florida won't help you much either. Check that one out or get it checked out if it passes the initial tests.

·
Registered
93 300E 2.8, 79 450 SLC
539 Posts
I'll negotiate down to $4200. Remember to check for oil leak which could be head gasket problem and costs $1000 to fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're looking for one, it's worth looking at. Remember this while you're searching, I can look at 10 cars and like 1 of them. If this is the first one you've looked at, you probably need to pass and look at nine others. Good ones are out there, but they're difficult to find. A good one is one that's (1) accident free, (2) rust free, and (3) generally looks like it's been well-cared for and not recently cleaned to perfection.

The price is fine for that one you linked to; I'd assume it's near you which would mean you are in NH which would also mean that getting a Cali car is not quite an option. And if you only want to spend $5000 or so, getting one from Florida won't help you much either. Check that one out or get it checked out if it passes the initial tests.
Yeah, florida and cali cars are out. If I was buying a newer car Id consider it.

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts