Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
Wolfgang - 4/23/2005 11:12 AM
Is that the Off Road Pro or regular air suspension?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Obsidianblack ML 500 (or 350) with Apperance Package and Airmatic suspension.

This car does not have Offroad Pro Package because the standard tires are 19"...

Fantastic drive, or what?

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's one thing the Mercedes-Benz folks at the M-Class Road Trip event today couldn't explain to me. The telescoping bars in the packaging system. But found this picture on the web:

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Re: Hi Wolfgang

It think it was ansan who said
The two bars are for the FixKit luggage system in trunk
It would make sense, but I'm not sure how it could be used.

Cheers!

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Brent

Here's a link to the S211 manual [in German] where this picture was taken from, a flash movie, about the Ladegutpaket, ansan mentioned. What we couldn't figure out is how the telescoping bars attach to the two rails. The movie shows these nuts which first have to be inserted, and then the bars attach to those.. [:D]

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/d/cars/e-class-t/betriebsanleitung/ueberblick/laderaum7.html

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
ansan - 4/23/2005 1:40 PM
And? How was it with the air susp? Please fill us in. Were you able to compare it to the non-air susp?

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AutoSaurus - 4/23/2005 8:40 PM

ansan - 4/23/2005 1:40 PM
And? How was it with the air susp? Please fill us in. Were you able to compare it to the non-air susp?
The course was smooth concrete throughout and thus gave not much opportunity to compare the air supension and springs on potholes, ruts and so on.

However, it had rained in the morning, and they had a prepared slick section with wet rubber mats. When I entered, the guy standing there said: "Now floor it!" and probably regretted having said it. Instantly hit full throttle and kept the foot down. The car bucked but kept on a straight course, at times with a brief wheel spin, and full throttle into the turns and caught up with the car in front. Handling feels good! Need to drive it more!

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Hmmmm ... doesnt look as beefy as the W163 underneath. [:p]

·
Registered
241 Posts
The bar attach to the inserts, of which you have 6, in a very nice black boxs on top of the spare wheels.

The bar is attached underneath the floor (on the W164) when not in use. If the Mercedes guys did know this, they should be fired and start selling office chairs, which they probably are as interested in as cars, right away.

Regards,

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@mloffroad, couldn't detect a Krupp frame. [:)]

@ansan, it appears this cargo management system is new in the US, and the manuals are removed from the cars before events like this, so they didn't have a chance to look it up. Overall, they knew quite a bit!

More pics:

CD-changer drops down into the glove compartment when pressing that silver button.

harmon kardon subwoofer on the rear left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
Okay now you've peaked my interest with the ent system.

I've got it on order with mine.

Where do you put the DVD?
Does it have an on screen menu or remote control?
What is the unit shown in your second photo? Where is that?
How much does the screen fold? Can it be pushed back some so that elbows don' t hit it on the arm rest?

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AutoSaurus - 4/24/2005 6:38 PM

Okay now you've peaked my interest with the ent system.

I've got it on order with mine.

Where do you put the DVD?
Does it have an on screen menu or remote control?
What is the unit shown in your second photo? Where is that?
How much does the screen fold? Can it be pushed back some so that elbows don' t hit it on the arm rest?
Let's see.

The DVD inserts into a slot below the unit and it comes with a remote control, and the screen is adjustable. The NAV DVD inserts into the MCS in the dash.

Found that unit in the second photo under the right rear passenger seat after pulling the carpet up a bit. It has audio connectors. Suppose it might be the Sirius satellite receiver which was installed and playing over the speaker system of the demo, or maybe a TV receiver connected to the rear entertainment system.

By the way, no Sirius satellite antenna was visible from the outside, anywhere!

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
Wolfgang - 4/24/2005 9:55 PM

The DVD inserts into a slot below the unit and it comes with a remote control, and the screen is adjustable. The NAV DVD inserts into the MCS in the dash.
Thanks

When you say "below the unit" as in near the floor in the bottom of the center console? or elsewhere?

You may be correct about the second photo. It appears to be the same size as my XM receiver I have now. We'll see.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AutoSaurus - 4/25/2005 9:12 AM
When you say "below the unit" as in near the floor in the bottom of the center console? or elsewhere?

You may be correct about the second photo. It appears to be the same size as my XM receiver I have now. We'll see.
Presumably below the unit where I also found the remote control. But didn't check if there's indeed a slot.

In the dash it goes into the upper of the two slots.

Attachments

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BlackHawk - 4/25/2005 10:55 PM

What a terrible place for a rear DVD, I guess those germans don't realize headrest monitors are the norm now
The R-class has them.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts