Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I puchased my 2001 CLK55 about a month ago in Chicago. To say it is in mint condition is an understatement. It has only 16,000 miles, almost never driven. The man I purchased it from put about $35,000 in upgrades to include the lorinser DTM bodykit, k-40 system that is completely invisible and uses the dummy lights on the front console, stereo system w/2TVs, 2-tone interior, chrome headlight rings and sideview mirror inserts and a 2.5" drop. He was selling this beautiful ride to buy himself a new CL55 AMG, so I got a great deal and he was awesome to do business with.

I really love the ride, but the only thing I am looking to upgrade is the wheels. With a 2.5" drop I am wondering if a 265/35-18 rear will work?

Please let me know what type of rims you think would look best I am definitely looking to keep everything lorinser. Right now I am interested in lorinser D93 chromes or maybe some clean RS5s. Definitely would love to hear your inputs.

Also if anyone in the midwest -Chicago, St Louis, Indy want to get together sometime let me know.

Thanks again and I look forward to getting in the action on this board.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
take some other pics bro i'd like to see the system.. i'm sure he has just put h n r springs on there thats your 2.5 drop.. so 19 inch rims with 235 tires will work..

i've put like 13k into my car i'd love to see all the shit he's done..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phade,

Here is a complete list of the upgrades and options he had done on the car:

EXTERIOR:

The exterior color is Brilliant Silver, and there has never been any body or paint work other than the painting and installation of the body kit. The body is all around perfect! It features an authentic Lorinser DTM body package. This alone totally makes the car.

Lorinser DTM front bumper
Lorinser DTM side skirts
Lorinser DTM rear bumper
Lorinser roof wing
AMG smoked tail lights (this is a process that only we do, that makes the tail lights have that smoked look like on the new SL55 AMG)
Lorinser DTM Fog Lights
Tinted windows
Chrome headlight surrounds
Chrome mirror surrounds
Euro flat hood emblem (replaces the star emablem on the hood giving it a more sleek look)
Coated in liquid teflon
Retail on the Lorinser body kit alone is $9000.00 plus the paint and installation.

INTERIOR:

2 tone black and silver nappa seats, door panels and steering wheel
Black Birdseye Maple wood trim
Chrome shifter surround
Heated seats
Rear power sunshade
Every factory power option available
Auto dimming mirror
Xenon head lights
Rain sensing headlights
First aid kit
Real AMG Titanium pedals (these are not availble in the states, I actually brought them back from a visit to Germany)
The interior is flawless!

STEREO:

2 weeks went in to the planning and design of this stereo alone. Only the best equiptment was used and the installation is so solid that even Mercedes couldn't duplicate it. This is not one of those bass bumpers, this stereo was designed to listen to quality concert music. It is load and it is clean. The complete system was designed to fit in to the spare tire well of the vehicle. Yet, the battery and wires are still easily reached. The trunk area was finished in black leather and color matched panels, and it all resides under the factory trunk carpet cover. The trunk area fetures 2 subwoofers, amplifier, and a 10 disk cd changer. Also blue lights glow at night around the sub woofers and inside the amplifier. There is a Audiovox monitor mounted on the inside of the trunk lid. It is great when you are parked somewhere and you want to watch a movie or play video games. In the center of the dash you will find the head unit which has more functions than a remote control. It controls and plays the radio, CD's, DVD's, Navigation and the built in TV tuner. Yes you can watch TV in the car. The best feature with this unit is that everything is touch screen. Another great feature is the motorized screen that dissapears when you don't want to seeit. Also installed is a K40 radar system. We charge $2000 to install this system. It is totally undetectable. It feature all bands including laser. There is a small status light on the dashboard and we utilize a dummy light in the gauge cluster for the warning light. In the rear center console you will find a game plate. This allows you to plug in any video game system within seconds. The sound from this stereo is unbelievable, the qaulity in sound will floor you.

Kenwood KVT 911DVD headunit
Kenwood 10 disc CD changer
Touch screen controls
Motorized monitor
Touch screen Navigation
DVD player
TV tuner
XTANT X603 amplifier
2 XTANT 10" sub woofers
Dyna Audio component speakers
K40 Radar
Audivox TV monitor
Custom enclosures
This install would cost $25000 anywhere you went. You have to hear it to believe it.

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE:

Feel the power with this monster. All maintenace is up to schedule and it is mechanically sound. This car really pulls. The combination of horsepower and tourque really give you an awesome driving expierience.

5.5 L V8 SOHC SMPI 24 Valve engine
349 Hp
376 lbs tourqe
Automatic slip control
Electronic stability program
2.87 axle ratio
K&N Air filters
Renntec modified AMG exhaust

SUSPENSION/WHEELS:

This car handles like its on rails. I have lowered the car a tad, which just adds to the look and the cornering. Although lowered it still rides like stock.

H&R DTM lowering springs
17" AMG Monobloc wheels
Michelin Pilot sport tires
225/45/ZR17 in front and 245/40/ZR17 in back
Tires are original and have normal wear for a car with 16,000 miles
Still under factory warranty until May

Phade, thats about it for options and upgrades. Am looking for input into any new upgrades I might want to do next.

Thanks

·
Registered
CLK430
90 Posts
MB Big Star Grille Baby! that woould finish her off- and new shoes too- I have 19's on mine 265/30/19's in the rear and 225/35/19's in the front- Perfect fit!

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Why pay so much for cast wheels???

www.dpengineering.cc

2pc forged, and lighter than Lorinsers which are cast, and you will save money. With the weak US Dollar, the Euro is creaming us and prices for German aftermarket parts are going up.

DPE is the superior choice. Just IMO.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input thus far,

As far as wheels, I am primarily looking to stay with 18s. I just haven't figured out which are going to complement the body kit and lines the best.

I really like the lorinser rs5 wheels, but I am not sure how they would look on the ride. I also don't know whether to go chrome or keep it clean.

The pics thus far have not done the car justice. I will try and get some better ones once I wash and polish the car. Thanks again for the input and keep it coming

James

·
Registered
CLK 430 AMG
821 Posts
definitely chrome shoes will bring that monster out for the summer sun!!! then, in the fall switch back to the winter shoes!!! why people that that chrome is not the way to go, i have no idea, but it looks a lot cleaner to me, personal taste i assume!!!

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
badass ride, how much did it set you back. see my post about how your silver 208 would look with 18" LM5. Except you have the kit and drop.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1206330&posts=9&fid=20

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brooklyn, Formoque, Castor,

Thanks for the responses. I had seen some RS5 wheels on ebay that would have looked good. Castor, the LM5s have a great look too, I will have to keep my eye out for them. I am also thinking about either and 7, 8 or 10 spoke rim as well...any suggestions?

are 8.5 and 9.5 the recommended size for 18s and 19s?
or are 8 and 9 just as good. Looking for any info, don't know too much about rims at this point and searching previous posts hasn't led to a satisfactory answer.

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
LorinserCLK55DTM - 4/18/2005 10:37 PM

Brooklyn, Formoque, Castor,

Thanks for the responses. I had seen some RS5 wheels on ebay that would have looked good. Castor, the LM5s have a great look too, I will have to keep my eye out for them. I am also thinking about either and 7, 8 or 10 spoke rim as well...any suggestions?

are 8.5 and 9.5 the recommended size for 18s and 19s?
or are 8 and 9 just as good. Looking for any info, don't know too much about rims at this point and searching previous posts hasn't led to a satisfactory answer.
i would suggest going with hre's (i like the 543r, 547r and 549r) or if you want to complete the lorinser look go with the lorinser lm5's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BKLYNbenz,

Thanks for the heads up on the wheels. I decided to go with the lorinser RS5s just to keep it all the same brand. But as for the price of the ride, I paid about 40K for everything.

Jim

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
God thats beautiful!!! I live in Park Ridge........Just give me a few blocks ahead of you, I wouldn't want to have to follow that, lol.

·
Registered
2000 CLK
383 Posts
wow, wow , wow , i'm speechless. i think this is the badest looking w208 we all will ever see in out lifetime.. unfu.cking real dude.. your car is just sick ..i swear i'll trade a sl to get that ..just absolutely gorgeous

·
Registered
2000 CLK
383 Posts
i just took angelina jolie's picture off my backround and put your bitches picture instead [;)],, i think i'm obsessed[:p][:p]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chappy, qslick,

Thanks for the compliments. Since that post I have added new Lorinser RS5 rims to enhance the look. I am now contemplating adding a Kenwood DDX-7017 head unit to replace my flip out screen.

I don't know if you had a chance to check my later post with the new pic, if not I'll include it here.

By the way, are the Illinois CLK owners still planning to meet? I will be up in Chicago on the wekend of the 17th of Sept if interested.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts