Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
C Class (W203)
212 Posts
sweet...do you have the finished product pic??

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
Looks cool. I kinda favor the dual tips though.

Hey, Wavy, I thought you were going to lower your car?

·
Registered
2K1 C320 SS
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i like the dual tip but when u look at in from the side it looks funny it stick down and out if u know what i mean

lowering i want to but i don't know which set up to use eibach or H&R spring or the whole Cup kit i know i might still have to cut the springs in the front thats something i don't really wanna do am still confused about the lowering stuff......[|)]

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
How about the one on the bottom?

http://www.performanceproducts.com/ProductPage.aspx?ProductName=Weltmeister+Performance+Exhaust&productid=109353&producttype=20

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
WaveyKat - 4/6/2005 10:55 AM

yea i like the dual tip but when u look at in from the side it looks funny it stick down and out if u know what i mean

lowering i want to but i don't know which set up to use eibach or H&R spring or the whole Cup kit i know i might still have to cut the springs in the front thats something i don't really wanna do am still confused about the lowering stuff......[|)]
You may not have to cut modify your springs at all since you have a 320. Your front end is heavier than the 230's.
But' It's easy to do a half spring. I've already done all of the trial and error work for you on my car.( Smile) so I know it works. I can sen you exactly how much I cut and how if you want. I think your car will be fine with eibachs right out of the box because of the weight diffence but If you're not happy with the front then you can trim the spring but I would try it first to see how low it gets.. unless you like your rear wheel tucked way under your fender ( I don't ) the rear IMO looks much better with eibachs that H&R's.
Cup kits to me are too much of an expense and I'd rather take my chances on springs for geting my heights tweeked. Doing the math, you can do a couple and a half of spring sets before you even touch the cup kit price...

I just drove my car from Austin,Tx to Atlanta with my spring mods, and I had the nicest ride ever!! even on bumpy parts of the highway, it rode and handled nicely..A pleasure to drive.. BTW I averaged 34mpg... @ an avg speed of 70Mph over 980 miles and my ass wasn't even hurting when I arrived......
For normal use and a nice look, go eibach's... a nice cutting blade, a can of primer, and you're done!!

·
Registered
2K1 C320 SS
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so u have eibach springs with half coil cut in your car now??

i don't want my wheels tucked i just want a nice EVEN look and the tires least 2-3 inches away from the fenders..

so u sayin i should just get eibach springs and i should be ok..

....am about to put on some 19" wheels in a few days

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yup. I'm running the eibach's with half a coil cut in the front.
I have a difference of about 1/4 inch wheel height between the back and front. This is nice and even.
Don't forget, if your back is too low, you can use the next size pad foe the rear. I have those part numbers. There were only three numbers in the MB partz computer that i saw,for the sedan. Some folks on here kep mentioning 4 shim sizes but I don't know where they got that info from, I went to my local dealer and had these numbers and drawings looked up myself to be sure.
Anyhow, I'm about as even as I want to get..WhenI change wheel sizes, I'll see if I want to go a bit lower, but if I do which I doubt, it will only be a wee bit. like 1/2 inch I'm thinking. But rigt now I scrape two fingers between the wheel arch and the tire. so I'll more than likely be perfect with 19's.
FYI, your car is going to look a little tall with that height and 19" wheels if you don't at least lower to wherever the springs set it down too.

·
Registered
C Class (W203)
212 Posts
The exhaust tip looks really good!

I know what you mean about the dual tips kinda sticking out when you look from the side...

Congrats [8D]

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi there=] can u tell me how u would put the tip on the exhaust??because i thot the stock exhuast tips bend... it looks really nice btw

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
you have to cut the tip to able to install the tip straight. I have the same tip as wavy[;)]

·
Registered
2004.5 C 230K SS
69 Posts
I have the same exhaust tip on my C230. I love the look.

Quick question: What do you guys do to keep the shine? I wash it and even use some liquid chrome polisher, but it really doesn't do a great job. It still seems dull and I can see a lot of hairline scratches.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts