Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320 Sedan Base
227 Posts
Great for him. He should take a look the spring perch issues many folks are having as well.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
My favorite part was when he went around to the dealers to start executing on his unpaid judgment...

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL(RIP),1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahaha my favorite part was the "you've been served", I do that all the time. lmao

this one time the guy followed me out to my car and stood between the door so I couldn't close it. Keeping my cool I told him I had no involvement in the case and he wanted the cops to come. Knowing the law, and knowing I was right I willingly called the cops who removed him from my door.

He got close enough to the car, I told him to back up. Which thankfully he did.

He fought the law and..the law won.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,696 Posts
I would like to hear more details.
Lemon law is to protect weaker guys, but the Mercedes owner is still driving the car 6 years later, while the lawyer makes publicity stunts after cashing probably over $300,000.
I have pretty good idea who will really pay for this. How about you guys?

·
Registered
1994 E320 wagon, 1999 E320 wagon, BMW Z3
98 Posts
I have pretty good idea who will really pay for this. How about you guys?
That kind of crap drives up the price of everything we buy here in the states. It clogs up our court systems and makes us look like idiots too.

·
Registered
2000 E320 Sedan Base
227 Posts
That kind of crap drives up the price of everything we buy here in the states. It clogs up our court systems and makes us look like idiots too.
Lawsuit or not MB will continue to hike up prices. You and I will be the only ones taking care of this. In case of lawsuits, I know they know they're not the almighty. I am sure if they treat customers right, there may not have been lawsuits such as this one. All they guy wanted was a refund for his pricey piece of machine that turned lemon in a mater of weeks and MB thought they have the big dogs to fight it in court and they lost.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
Yeah, what a lemon. :confused: Still drives it 7 years later, which is longer then most non-lemons run.
This is the sort of stories that gives lawyers a bad name.

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL(RIP),1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I personally feel hurt when people call lawyers disgusting, liars, or anything of the sort...

I understand lawyers when on duty are not the friendliest people or care about your interest if you aren't their client... but its law and order people, they are there to defend their client against the law.

I find it somewhat ignorant when people boast how the law profession is nothing but a cult for greedy rats.

The law is a beautiful thing created by no other species than man...we live by rules to survive and protect.

Just venting on a relevant issue.

·
Registered
36,696 Posts
I know Brandon you are studying to become lawyer, but I hope you will not become one making publicity stunts with 10 years old boy on the courthouse steps.
Lawyers like each profession do have several sub-names, but this one is closer to "ambulance chaser" IMHO
Were you able to find more details about the case? I did own one of those E320cdi and consider it technological marvel. Sure high tech technology and Wisconsin bring mixed feelings, but evidently the owner loved the car well enough to keep it for over 7 years.

·
Registered
36,696 Posts
Just learn something on TV (yeah it happens!)
How much Judge Judy makes for her TV appearance?
She owns the show and pockets $45,000,000 a year.
damn.... that's a lot of zeros.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts