Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey
I went missing from the forums for a long time i came back to many questions about how to get to the rear subwoofer.
My boot design didnt go as planned, as there were many complications due to the custom subwoofer i placed into the rear tray with a custom box under, it looked very ugly so i had to do somthing to the boot to hide it.
My mates audio shop contacted memphis car audio and they supplied everything as long as we could come up with a nice design that would suite a Benz and here it is
it may not be anything special but it looks nice and simple and elegant a little bit.

My mates car audio shop had an event and asked me to place my car there on display, thats mr mercedes teddy bear and a benz catepillar which i keep in my car which was a special present from my gf.

Before people start calling me a douche just ask why i the number plates, and the P plastic plate i have to put on the car as i am on my P2 licence and not my full licence for another year.
In the last picture it looks a bit dirty its an old picture
Behind those girls in the picture is my car looking shiny :D
19inch staggered wheels
and lowered with EIbach springs.

Last of all
* 3000watt memphis 12inch subwoofer in the rear tray hidden behind all that, can hear it in the car, turned all the settings down to low so produced little bass takes stress off the speakers, dont want to play it to loud or turn settings up as it could deform the shelf even tho it has been reinforced, and the rear window moving out of place.
* Memphis Amplifier running the subwoofer glowing blue in the picture
* 3 memphis speakers running off 2nd amplifier hidden under where spare tire goes, new platforms have been built
* 2 memphis 8inch subs running off 3rd amplifier
* Two capaciators in the boot
* Replaced normal battery from mercedes with a bigger one, theres a bracket they remove which is holding your normal size battery in the boot and replace it with one 2-3inches bigger approx.
Leather
Mercedes badge
Some fiber glassing was needed
Bit of modification was needed for this set up.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks noodles :D
What are your thoughts on the trunk set up?
Over the top or just right?
The trim on the boot lid has yet to be replaced with black leather with "Mercedes Benz" stiched on it.
I have some car pictures i'll post up but are from a poor quality camera.

·
Registered
E350 4M 06
2,744 Posts
I never would have thought that we'll see you back, pleasant surprise:)
The setup looks fine, how does it sound?
The wheels look very nice

·
Registered
2012 E350 4Matic Wagon P2 Lane Tracking Driver Assit. Heated/Ventilated/Multicontour*/Leather seats
262 Posts
Clean simple and elegant. Fitting for your Benz. I worked in car audio for several years as a Rep. for Crutchfield Corp. and have seen each end of the spectrum. Very nice job!

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,135 Posts
Thanks noodles :D
What are your thoughts on the trunk set up?
Over the top or just right?
The trim on the boot lid has yet to be replaced with black leather with "Mercedes Benz" stiched on it.
I have some car pictures i'll post up but are from a poor quality camera.
It looks just dandy. In the days I was still into that type of mod I would have loved to have it.
Even though I am an old fart now I can still appreciate the work that goes into it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks guys :D

Heres some more pictures from a mobile phone they are not the best quality but this is a rough idea of what my car looks like.

Amg rear bumper
AMG side skirts
Prior Design Front bumper
Custom tail lights
!9" staggered wheels
18% window tint which is now replaced with 12% on the front two, 5% on the rear and rear view window. (will take recent pics when have time)

·
Registered
2006 E350 4 door W211, 2004 Acura RSX
108 Posts
what type of rims/tires are those? brand/model/company/style? I would like to get those for my W211 if you could give me the specifics it will make easier to find and buy. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 C55 AMG
340 Posts
nice and clean, I used to work in Car audio and I know how much time has been put into this. Very nice job on the work. How do you like those Mandrus wheels for quality? where they a direct bolt on with the factory lugs? check mine out just posted some pics with the carbon fiber front and trunk lip.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
thanks guys,
By the way to what wheels they are, they are mandrus wheels as Classw202 just said, there are many different to choose from, i would've chosen somthing else if it wasnt so expensive in australia so i went with there cheapest option.

And yeah apprently from what i got told i may be wrong classw202 that mandus just make wheels for mercedes benz?
Those are new lug nuts i didnt use the factory ones, As for quality they are amazing, if you get the staggered fittment you will notice that when you drive.

Your car looks amazing :)
When i get on my full licence next year im hoping for a w211 e500 or 63amg
or maybe a new shape the CLS 500 or 63.
Having two w211's may get a bit.... repetitive, so i wouldnt mind trying out the CLS.
I'm into the whole modifying thing, takes a lot of time and money though.
I know i wont get all my money back or not even some but i do it as a hobby and find it really fun :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts