Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
W210 2002
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. From couple weeks my E320 having hard time locking and unlocking from the remote control. I changed batteries couple times but no success. Before i was opened with the key and the alarm was starting but now when i open the car there is no alarm. From last week i can not lock it anymore with the remote. Its lock as usual when i start to drive and i can lock it and unlock it from the knob on the dashboard but i can not lock it with the remote and the alarm is gone.
I checked the pump is ok.

IS ANYBODY HAVE ANY SOLUTION???

Thanks in advance!:confused:

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
It might be that your key has gone bad. I don't suppose you have a spare one to try? I have no idea why your alarm stopped working, but it doesn't seem related.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
Are the batteries good ?????

To test the actual key hold it in front of a digital camera, if no beam the either battery contacts or past its sell by date

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Malcolm made a good point. Also, are you sure you are inserting the batteries with the proper polarity? I think both positives (+ symbol) must face up.

·
Registered
W210 2002
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i'm inserting the batteries with the 2 + as is shown on the key.

No i have only one key.

I have doubts about the key, but the alarm and central locking failed. I don't see any interaction between all. Unless is a fuse, but i did checked them.

Still in the middle of nowhere!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts