Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML 320
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a ML320 2001.

The remote for the car works, as I can unlock and lock the doors using the remote. However, when I lock the car, the lights don't blink as their suppose to. As far I remember they use to blink once or twice. The car does blink when the doors are unlocked.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
'00 w163 55 amg (sold) '02 w208 55 amg '03 w163 350 inspiration
711 Posts
would a fuse do this? can't understand 1 way but not the other?

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
after locking the truck with the use of remote, walk around the truck and check all 5 (yes 5, this includes the tail gate) locks are locked. My guess is that one of the locks (very likely the tail gate) is not locking ... leading to not getting the confirmation via the lights blinking. When unlocking, all 5 would unlock when remote is pressed; hence, you would see the lights blink.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
The lights not blinking (3x) upon locking means that the alarm is not being activated... there is probably a fault in one of your door/hood/tailgate sensors that is not telling the alarm the doors are shut properly.

I could be wrong... but try this... after locking with the remote and window down check to make sure the alarm light is flashing inside (inside the MCS module). Either way if it's flashing or not, reach inside the car and open the door from the inside... if the alarm doesn't sound then it was never armed upon locking.

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
what do you trip computer? not to sure what that is
Trip computer is a tiny screen in the dome above the driver that displays mpg, temp, etc. Sometimes they are incompatible with the ML or simply faulty and this knocks off the alarm and your lights won't blink confirming the vehicle is locked. Since you don't know what it is I doubt you had one installed so it might be something else affecting your alarm.

·
Registered
2001 ML 320
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trip computer is a tiny screen in the dome above the driver that displays mpg, temp, etc. Sometimes they are incompatible with the ML or simply faulty and this knocks off the alarm and your lights won't blink confirming the vehicle is locked. Since you don't know what it is I doubt you had one installed so it might be something else affecting your alarm.
i think i do have that installed, i actually never seem to play attention to it and believe it doesnt work. (well at least the display doesnt) would you know what the three blk buttons are infront of the dome light? thanks

·
Registered
2001 ML 320
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lights not blinking (3x) upon locking means that the alarm is not being activated... there is probably a fault in one of your door/hood/tailgate sensors that is not telling the alarm the doors are shut properly.

I could be wrong... but try this... after locking with the remote and window down check to make sure the alarm light is flashing inside (inside the MCS module). Either way if it's flashing or not, reach inside the car and open the door from the inside... if the alarm doesn't sound then it was never armed upon locking.
thank you, your method works and found the door that doesnt have proper working sensors. would you so happen to know how to change or locate the sensor? its the right passenger door. thank you

·
Registered
2001 ML 320
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would anyone happen to know where the sensor for the right passenger side door is? or how to remove the panel? it has the side airbag, so i just want to be careful and not activated the airbag. thanks

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,928 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
would you know what the three blk buttons are infront of the dome light? thanks
Those are the HomeLink buttons... to control a garage door/gate opener, or any X-10 wireless component in your house.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,094 Posts
Dam, I didn't know that worked with the X-10 system. I have PC based X-10 Active Home system for my home lighting and other remote systems and I could use the 2 unused buttons for outside lighting and possibly other remote operations.

Les, the link to the X-10 site is x10.com
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts