Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 E320, 96 C280
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My remote will not open my car and batteries are only three weeks old. Its been a hit and miss with the remote lock and there is no key access on my door. Anyone ha e this problem and what did you do to resolve it? Thanks!

·
Registered
97 E320, 96 C280
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, that's too easy. I need a more complex answer :D

With much egg on face I thank you and you brought many laughs towards me from my co-workers :eek:.

Okay just to prove that I am not totally brain dead, it was 4:00 am and I happen to have a BMW which has a keyhole on the drivers side but none on the passengers side so.... what do they say about assume... ing things? Yup you guessed it! lol. Nice to know I can use my key :thumbsup:

On the serious side though, I'll do a search but in the meantime if anyone knows where or what I need to do other than going to the dealer for a new remote I would greatly appreciate any insights.

thanks again Witek_M

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,717 Posts
You have remote with flip blade?
Per latest news the chipped keys are dealer only items.
But dealers offer different prices, so it is worth shopping around.

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,106 Posts
you've not posted about the health of the car battery so if you haven't, you may
want to be sure it is in at optimally charged status. it's not uncommon for folks
to focus on the key as the root cause, and forget that the receiver is in the car
and is dependent on car battery on the other end.

·
Registered
97 E320, 96 C280
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys,

yes its the flip style with a single button. The car battery is in very good condition but excellent point.

Guess I'll head to the local dealer and get an idea of the cost.

One thing I did notice at 4am was a red light emmiting from the remote so I wonder if it could be the receiver or if its the transmitter in the key. Any ideas on how to test the receiver?

Thanks guys.... I appreciate the response!

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts

With much egg on face I thank you and you brought many laughs towards me from my co-workers :eek:.

Okay just to prove that I am not totally brain dead, it was 4:00 am ...
Your car was nice to you. It did not "yelp" at you for waking it up that early.

·
Registered
97 E320, 96 C280
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, nah its the BMW that has a habbit of doing that at odd hours! I hate that goofy alarm in the BMW!! Yes, the Benz was very nice to me, even though it was a little lazy and did not want to take me to work,,, I swear it looked like it was laughing at me too when I got home from work. Must be sumtin about those headlights

·
Registered
2013 E350/41k, 1997 E320/290k, 1999 FJ100/256k
314 Posts
We got one remote - wife uses that daily. I have just the chipped key - was $43 at SF Benz.

I unlock/lock the car by the trunk - passenger door lock mechanism broken.. Plus I can put the backpack and jacket in the trunk. It's more comfortable driving w/o the bulk of a coat or clutter of a backpack.. Also in the (wrong to me) type of accident that backpack will become a deadly projectile.

·
Registered
97 E320, 96 C280
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks greggster!

The remote works pretty much when it wants to, I would say there is a 50/50 chance it works.

I've been using the key on the pasenger side door, I'm going to give the trunk a try. I did not know that was an option. Eventually I'll just get a new remote key since its much more convient.

I'll also be looking for a manual so I can read through and educate myself on the extra features on this car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts