Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys know if there should be an audible "chirp" when I lock or unlock the CLK? My car only flashes it's turning signals when I lock and unlock.
Thanks.
1999CLK 430

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
Actually it's 1 blink to unlock and 3 to lock (if you wanna get technical). [;)]

By the way, it shouldn't just be your side mirror lights. Your front headlights and rear lights should blink as well. Mine do.

·
Registered
2001 CLK430
25 Posts
LOL.......i said the SAME thing when i first got my my car. The guy at the detail shop i use looked at me and laughed............his exact words were:

dude...it's a benz.....benz's DONT CHIRP!

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
blackbenzz - 3/31/2005 1:26 AM

you can make it chirp by changing the ECU to Netherlands mode. I personally dont know how but I'm sure someone does.
i asked steve (mbenznl) when he came to nyc last year for a weekend, retrofitted a comand in my car and crashed at my place about the chirps. he thought it was possible but when we hooked up my car to the S.D. and went to the netherlands setting as well as the other region settings we couldnt get the chirps to work. he however did get it to work on my friends 2004 e500 and some other kids 2003 c230

·
Registered
02' CLK 430
87 Posts
I know that it can be done on a C230, but not sure of anything else. Technically it is a "beep" and not a "chirp" when alarm is armed/disarmed?

Instructions:
At the dealer, using the MB factory handheld laptop tester, go into the car's computer system.
Go into Programs
Locate the Rear SAM Program
Locate Body
Select Netherlands
Now the car does a "beep, beep, beep" when locking/arming and a single "beep" when unlocking/disarming

From the instructions, it appears that it should work if the body style is listed. In doing this modification you will disable the panic feature on your alarm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts