Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealerman to find out about getting a new lock cylinder and they wanted to sell me the whole door handle with lock at price of 250$ I might have to make a run for the border where all the breakers are, I would also make a list of stuff to get. The Harley dealer man charged me 1.5hours to change a tyre, what a ripoff. That's 120 dollars to mount and balance one tyre, too bad if I tried to do it myself I most likely would end up dead or wishing I was.

Anyone know where I could get a new lock cylinder? I saw something online from a bimmer dude changing the guides in the lock cylinder from the old to the new, and if a bimmer guy can do it so can a benz driver. Thank you for any tidbits of knowledge.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
daryn said:
I went to the dealerman to find out about getting a new lock cylinder and they wanted to sell me the whole door handle with lock at price of 250$ I might have to make a run for the border where all the breakers are, I would also make a list of stuff to get. The Harley dealer man charged me 1.5hours to change a tyre, what a ripoff. That's 120 dollars to mount and balance one tyre, too bad if I tried to do it myself I most likely would end up dead or wishing I was.

Anyone know where I could get a new lock cylinder? I saw something online from a bimmer dude changing the guides in the lock cylinder from the old to the new, and if a bimmer guy can do it so can a benz driver. Thank you for any tidbits of knowledge.
If I knew, and I told you.......;)
I think that's why they call it lock and key.
The dealer, although pricey, is sometimes your best recourse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts