Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening - I have just purchased a 2007 E350 (with Sports Package) and am wanting to do two things:

1. Replace the fitted wheels with new of the same type/style, and
2. Use "Lock Nuts" to fit the wheels/rims.

I have found a place (Wheelship) in the US to get the wheels/rims; however, all of the "Lock Nut" sets I have seen only have "4 four" "studs/bolts" where as my vehicles wheels require "5 five" as shown below:
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

What I am wanting to know is if anyone can tell me where I can purchase a "set" of 5 Lock Nuts with Key OR, what others have done please.

Cheers
wombat457

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Usually the locking lug nuts come in a set of four - one per wheel. That's enough to keep your wheels from getting stolen.

Do note that you'll need the right size and shape of lug nuts for the Mercedes, which are a little odd. If the ones you're looking at list your car then you're probably fine, but a general set might not work.

Do you live a place wheels are stolen much? Cause, in my experience, the things are more hassle than they're worth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lou,

Thank you and yep - I'm an idiot, I should have realised that is was only ONE nut per wheel 🙄 Also thanks for the tip re your experience with them (lock nuts) I may have to rethink things and, no, theft isn't an issue where I live - in the bush where everyone knows everyone else 😉

·
W163 and General M Gremlin
8,559 Posts
Unless you have desirable or rare wheels (ie. monoblocks, carlssons, etc), not needed.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4Matic Sport
127 Posts
Yeah, be careful. I've tried to find a set of new OEM-style lug nuts for my winter wheels (exact same as yours) to no avail. Even sets that say they fit sometimes do not. Nice ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts